• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lake ice ?

chuckwagon

Hey all, i have been out of the game foe a week and a half now due to getting a hernia patched up! i plan to go out and look around at the lakes today. Wondering how the lakes are holding up to this rain melt? Is it just getting rid of the snow or is the ice taking a beating?

Some of the lakes in the Brainerd area have no snow and standing water on them. I took a quick look on one of them and saw a perm house about flooded out. Around 3 inches of standing water on the ice and it was swirling into any open holes I saw.

I didn't hang around to do anymore than look. I would imagine the thickness is still ok but getting on and off some lakes could get dicey, as well as standing on them without cleats.

Just got back from my ride to look at the lakes around me. Went out on tonka and snorkeld through the ice road! Is the water thats traped on the ice roads really bad for the road or will it be fine once things freeze up again? seams like the ice road is concaved from the weight of the water.