• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thieves on Beebe! My Fishhouse was stolen!

Im sure if you push hard enough you could get them down an 8" hole. Hope you find it I think that next year We need to put something together drop a couple of guys off on lakes that are getting hit by these pieces of S#$%. put a couple guys out in a wheel house no lights on and let them watch the lake at night maybe if a few crooks got caught and the word got out that fisherman a setup there own task force some of this would be stopped just a thought

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found John's house tonight. It was at the Pelican boat launch off 117. It had been repainted, but they left the stripe, which caught my eye. I drove around the side of it and the door was open about 16 inches. It was open enough that I could see the Buzzer rattle wheels and it had the TV antenna on top. I called 911 and they sent someone out. In the meantime, my wife found John's number on this post and I was able to talk with him when the police came. They painted a brown stripe on it and the brown oversprayed on the window frame. When the cop and I looked inside the house, the brown spray paint can top was on the bed and brand new 'nap' paint roller was in there as well. One left of the 3 pack. The inside of the house had a lot of garbage in it and there was a "tag" spray painted on the inside wall. It was three initials starting with a K. I can't recall the rest of the initials. Four of John's poles where still in the holder on the back wall.

btw- fishing was slow for me tonight, but I guess that doesn't matter since I found the house. smile

Way to go BartmanMN.

With the houses that have been stolen this season, it made me wonder what could be done to help locate a stolen house easier.

What if they were equipped with the same GPS tracking device put into cars that would track where the house is located? I don't recall the name of the system but it would sure help to deter some of the thefts.

Would be cool if the cops slipped a gps tracking tag in the house and the let the crooks come back for it. That way, they could catch them. However, I am guessing that it will be towed to their in pound and then recovered by Hoggs. I am happy that I found the house, but it would be even better if we caught the losers as well.

Bartman to the rescue! All I can say is wow! THANK YOU!

I gave the kind officer enough info on the house to identify it and I'm going to pick it up Monday after a job interview or sometime Tuesday.

It seems like the house was kind of trashed, a few missing items, etc... But Once again, THIS SITE RULES!

Thanks again Bartman. Sorry, throughout the excitement, etc. I have your # stored in my phone as BartmanMN and would like to personally thank you.

Cool. Where are they storing it for you?

It was lucky they they left the door open so that I could see that there was trash inside and your rattle wheels. If the door was closed, then I would have probably posted on here that I saw a house with the tv antenna, but may have not called to cops. I am guessing that they planned to come back for it and did not just abandon it since they took the time to change the appearance and left the rods inside. Hopefully they left a receipt from the store that they purchased the paint and painting supplies from so you can maybe catch them.

This is awesome news! I had a feeling maybe someone would find that thing, and bother to investigate, ask questions, etc. Excellent. You should drag it back out to the exact spot, and then sit 100' away with shotguns. Well, not shotguns, but cameras and cops or something. I hope you can find the thieves and burn their lawn or at the very least mock them horribly. This message group is a great place to get the word out about this type of thing, we just proved that it worked! Bartman is the man.

Bartman that is unbelievable....you must have a good memory because there is no way I could have remembered all that info the way you did. Way to go man.

Hoggs thats too bad your house got all painted up and trashed like that, hopefully its still in decent shape and most of your stuff is there.

How stupid are these people that they would steal a fish house, put some paint on it and move it to a lake a few miles away from the one they stole it from!! And the lake they move it to is the most popular lake in the area right now. Talk about dumb criminals. (these people are obviously very local) I really hope the cops put in the time and effort to find these people and don't just say here is your house. (I had a sled stolen several years ago and I knew who took it. He was going around town bragging about it and knew specific details about the incident, the tail light was broke off and it was stuck in the railroad tracks. The cops would do nothing about it.) I understand that they couldn't hide in the cat tails and wait for them to come around but maybe they can track down where the paint was bought etc. These clowns need to serve some time and have a felony on their record for life.

I went to pick up the fish house today and couldn't pick it up yet. It's at the Wright Cty Impound. They're doing some more investigating in the case, so hopefully we can catch them!

I did see it on the other side of the fence though!