Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
magic_minnow

Lowrance h2o/h2oC Screen repair?

14 posts in this topic

Got a lowrance h2o. It has a nice scratch (not too deep) in the center. How does one go about buffing it out? What do fm members do? Thanks!

I've heard of people using toothpaste. I think Macguires makes a plastic polish too. If you can buff them out, i would recommend putting a protector on afterwards.

Correct Dtro, I had a screen with many scratches and I took a small amount of toothpaste and a older sock and rubbed and rubbed until they were all gone.

I would rub a bit and then reload with more toothpaste and I did this while watching TV in the evening. After a few evenings, I had it looking like new. I then put a screen protector on it so I would not scratch it again.

It looks as good as new.

Ya, meguiars makes a good plastic cleaner as well as 3m. Its a 2 step process, cleaner first then a polish. Just about any auto parts store has it or can order it.

I just put some of those screen protectors on my h2o and it seems to work good. Nice because when its messed up you can just peel it off and put another one on.

Is it just me....but everyones who's posted here has a HUGE fish on their avatar except me. I think the scratch is blocking some honey hole GPS coords lol!

harvey: those jumbos are unbelievable!

Anywho, will try the toothpaste and report back. laugh

Just keep rubbing, then polish off and repeat. You will see as you polish all the scratches go away.

In regards to the perch, I caught one and another FMer named Vook caught the other. They came from Lake Gogebic in the UP of Michigan.

If your looking for a real treat, go there for a weekend and enjoy some huge perch. Its amazing.

I used Flitz to polish the scratches off mine. I didn't spend a lot of time on it, but it definately made it better. I would try the toothpaste first, then look to other things of that doesn't work. Like others have said, put a screen protector on there when you're done to keep from getting other scratches.

Good to see all us guys with scratched screens have a support group.

"Hi, my name's Brian and my h20 screen has been scratched for 2 years now"

Where did you guys get the screen protectors from?

You can guy generic trim to fit sizes at most electronic stores. I used a Sony PSP protector (2 for 9.99)

Good to see all us guys with scratched screens have a support group.

"Hi, my name's Brian and my h20 screen has been scratched for 2 years now"

LOL! I have H2o-eosis-arrhea. Brian, I have some that I ipcked up for other electronics I have, like a phone or whatever. It never occured to me use it on my h2o though! DOH!

I use sony PSP screen protectors and appreciate DTRO telling me to do this when I got mine.

Thanks for the tip using toothpaste dtro and Harvey Lee . Who woulda thunk it . I wonder if the denture stuff would work Harvey ? LOL I have to use a little of both in my mouth but just wondering which would be best . I bet you would know but then again maybe not . LOL

TD

No dentures for me YET. The reason it works is that the toothpaste is like a buffing compound used on a car.

I don't know how coarse the particles are in denture cream and it could be too abrasive for the hard plastic screen.