Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DTro

I think I found my next boat

28 posts in this topic

Whaddya think? Rip out all the seats, mount a bunch of rod holders and throw some huge spotlights up on that crossbar grin

Insane indeed! I went on one something like that in Wisconsin Dells, it was a 1500hp jet boat ride, I wanted one of them. Although these guys are alittle more crazy!

Yowser, I would take it to Canvas craft and have them put a tent on it and you could sleep in it too and fish out the back. Get to those back waters in a hurry. Sand bar! What sand bar?

I could have used that on the river last night with all water sitting on the ice.

Now that would be a great overnight boat on the river. Looks like Darren will be traveling in style.

But you may get cat slime in it. What then?

I wanna know how they don't hit something, that was nuts. You would be for sure traveling in style, and who cares about the cat slim. I think that should be the name of the boat. Great name.

I think I would rather go to the bar and look for the drunkest guy there and ask for a ride home than ride that boat. lol

Holy wow! How does that thing not hit rocks or anything on the river and also that guy is an amazing driver apparently.

I wonder if their insurance company has ever seen that video? I expect their insurance premiums would go up about about 1000% if they ever do see it.

I wouldn't get me in that boat for that boat ride for anything. If that driver miscalculated at all in those narrow canyons at that speed and hit those rocks he would dump a lot of injured people into that swift water. That is a catastrophy waiting to happen. As Forest Gump said "Stupid is as stupid does".

I want one!!!! that is the coolest boat ever!

Paint that thing to look like a flathead and you cant lose

Watch the video where they beach one of those, and the tools they use to free it.....would be fun but if you did get stuck you'd need the whole BP League to de-beach your new red whale. smile

I hear stories about guys that have "beached" their jet boats. Hopefully that aint gonna be me this year.

I hear stories about guys that have "beached" their jet boats. Hopefully that aint gonna be me this year.

when I had the jetdrive on my flatbottom I beacheed it down by henderson and it was a gruling 100 yd push but thats part of the adventure grin

If we don't beach your boat at least once this summer, John, then we're doing something wrong.

I beached my boat upstream from Jordan this year. Actually it was in sept, the water was cool and the temps outside were only in the high 40s or low 50s, so it was slightly less than ideal but not a killer.

Andy,

That's worth 10 bucks. I'll have to see what I can get you and John to do for 10 bucks this summer. :-)

One of the keys looks to be not slowing down. I think he you drop it on that sand bar there you might have a lot of pulling/digging to get it out smile

Wow Dark, those outboards must have a LOT of torque to push through that mud and crud. That looks sweeeet!

Both great videos smile!

The one dark put up sheesh...nothing like portaging without getting out of boat laugh

Andy,

That's worth 10 bucks. I'll have to see what I can get you and John to do for 10 bucks this summer. :-)

One of the keys looks to be not slowing down. I think he you drop it on that sand bar there you might have a lot of pulling/digging to get it out smile

This is a family site. smile

Well see how the ice skipping goes today.

The first open water channel of 2009..........might be too early, but it's not going to keep me from tiring.