Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bassNspear

Bill to pass for Spearing People

8 posts in this topic

This bill is coming from the same legislators who want non-resident spearing, two line fishing and now spearing any size Northern on slot lakes.

H.F. No. 621, as introduced - 86th Legislative Session (2009-2010) Posted on Feb 09, 2009

1.1A bill for an act

1.2relating to game and fish; eliminating slot limits for northern pike while spearing;

1.3amending Minnesota Statutes 2008, section 97C.385, subdivision 2.

1.4BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA:

1.5 Section 1. Minnesota Statutes 2008, section 97C.385, subdivision 2, is amended to read:

1.6 Subd. 2. Summer Angling limits must be same as and spearing limits. (a) If the

1.7commissioner reduces the limit of a species of game fish taken by spearing in any waters

1.8under section 97A.045, subdivision 2, the commissioner must reduce the limit for taking

1.9of the species by angling in the waters during the following open season for angling.

1.10(B) The commissioner shall not limit the size of a northern pike allowed to be taken

1.11by spear.

Interesting... Does that mean two lines in the summer as well??

im not sure

sounds to me like it could acually be a big change after everything is set in stone.

good or bad?? what does everyone think?

i read it as: spear whatever size u wanna throw at even if the angling has a slot. i dont feel that that is right, but trying to stay in the slot and getting one out of the slot will cover your but?

(a) If the commissioner reduces the limit of a species of game fish taken by spearing in any waters under section 97A.045, subdivision 2, the commissioner must reduce the limit for taking of the species by angling in the waters during the following open season for angling.