• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

snow???

kc0myy

I woke up this morning and looked at my sled sitting in the yard. right behind it there was bare grass. Then I got really sad because there is no snow around any more. I want like 1 foot of snow soon. frown i cry myself to sleep sometimes!!!

Most of the trails I've been on recently were running low on snow prior to the rain/warm up. I'm thinking without a significant snowfall, you'll be riding on dirt in the corners and where there is snow cover, it will be icy. I'm holding off until we get our Feb/March dump...

I am about to cry! I had to cancle my 5 day trip to the UP of Michigan. The resort I was going to stay at e-mailed and told me to cancle. I was out there 4 weeks ago and stepped off the trail into chest deep snow. I'm 6'4" so that is a pile of snow to loose in the last week.

This sucks.

At least the resort I was going to stay at is letting me rebook at a later date or get my deposit back.

If the UP is hurting for snow I'm sure Northern Minnesota is shot too.

Trails around Kabetogama, Ash River and I. Falls held up pretty well during the warm spell and rain...plus it's snowing now. At least a new 1/2" out there.

This was sent out by the Park Service on 2/10/09...

This past weekend provided vastly improved trail conditions with the warmer

temperatures settling and packing snow on the park trails. Slush conditions

have been minimized with the warmer temperatures, overland trail portages

were groomed and snowmobile use was occurring on all staked trails within

the park. A few large groups were observed enjoying the weather with

Crappie fishing and a BBQ lunch on the ice.

The arrival of freezing rain today should further pack snow down on the

trails and new snowfall expected the remainder of the week should provide

good riding conditions for the upcoming Presidents Day weekend. Plans are

in place for park staff to groom ski trails and overland snowmobile

portages before the weekend arrives.

North end of the Arrowhead (Orr to I. Falls) is in pretty good shape as it didn't get as much rain as to the south.

About an inch of snow has fallen today and it's snowing again now - more expected from Orr north. 3-5" possible. Groomers will be out on Kab and Ash River area trails in the evenings.

Check out the ash river - kab snowdrifters site for area condtions updated yesterday.

LET IT SNOW