• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

does anyone know of some atv trails around the metro area?

nlange

very few around the metro.

You can head south to Tri-County Pit between Faribault and Northfield. Spend an hour there and be ready to pack it up. It can be fun, but it's tailored more towards to the sport crowd.

I think the Chatfield trail is open south of Rochester. Some of the trails in the Nemadji State Forest are also open. Looking at the maps that I have, the trails that are open don't inter-connect. I heard from someone who was there a couple weeks ago and said they never hit the same trail twice (open ATV trails).

As far as I know there is no riding in the 7 county metro area at all except on private land. As far as trails go I am unaware of any in the metro. Like LEP said the one down here by Faribo is OK, I have rode there and its more of just a pit with hills and some mud, thats it.

Good trail riding is going to require some trailering, either up north or to Wisconsin. The state of Wisconsin has it figured out.

Anybody interested in going to Wisconsin early this spring and trying some riding? Possibly the Dead Horse run, I have never rode that one and the way it is talked about I think it could be fun.

I've wanted to ride the Dead Horse for a few years but haven't tried it yet. From what I've read it could be a handful. Better have your machine in good shape, carry some tools and extra gas. Sounds like a real challenge. I might be up for it...ain't getting any younger.

We road the Dead Horse last May for he first time, and it wasnt bad at all. I can definitely see where earlier in the spring it would be a handful when its wet and muddy, but when we did it I dont think I ever even shifted into 4 wheel drive!

Cool trail for sure, we will be riding it again this coming season. Last time we dropped off at thte south end, I think this year we will go from Cable instead. Not much around the south end.

I'f I'm not mistaken, if you ride in WI, you're better off waiting until July to go.

The way the licensing works over there is the trail stickers are good from July to June. So if you buy a trail pass at the end of May/early June, you'll have to purchase another to ride in July.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Lep,

I think it also depends on the person selling it. Last year when we went up in May they sold us a 2008 permit(good until end of June 2009) so we wouldn't have to buy another 2 months later.

Not sure if there is a cut off date or if its kind of up to the individual selling them to fudge things a bit, but it was really nice to have them do that.