Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
bassislife

Rain Melt down is Perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This rain and melt down of the snow is what we needed for the last month!!

Finally we will be able to get the wheeled houses back out! Most lakes have 24-30" of ice and with this rain... and the hard freeze coming... We should be wheeeling anywhere we want for the next 2 months!!!

Will be heading north finally!!!!

It will be for the next day or so until it freezes up on top.

Then we should be able to get back out on the ice where we wanted to go a month ago.. statewide! This is what we needed!!

Suprised i didnt blow the engine in the truck had it redlined in 4wd getting off the access tonight, what a mess. It will be nice when it refrezes but you couldnt pay me to drive back on it right now, theres whitecaps blowing across several areas. Many people need to get their houses off or get blocking them up, conditions are changing VERY rapidly. It will heal up but after it starts to do some honey combing im afraid. I hope it gets good and cold soon.

Cracks should open up and the water should be mostly gone in a day or two. Then with a little cold weather, you should be able to get anywhere.

your going to have a lot of "upset" snowmobilers if you wish for that. LOL

I drove by a trail today that was down to bare dirt.

Im thinking of working tip ups on ice skates would be kinda fun if the ice smoothes out a bit. Bad for the sleds but good for people with atvs and trucks. Its supposed to cool off, especially at night, in a couple days so the ice will be fine. It takes quite a bit to knock down 20+inches of ice so we should be on ice well into march.

Ya I hear ya. I just cant be out ice fishing when its raining. For some reason I just cant do it. The warm weather is ok, but something about being in a ice house when its raining seems messed up to me. I wonder what March will be like?

Ya I hear ya. I just cant be out ice fishing when its raining. For some reason I just cant do it. The warm weather is ok, but something about being in a ice house when its raining seems messed up to me. I wonder what March will be like?

It is odd I grant you, but I had one of my best days ever in a downpour out on the ice! It was March many years ago and it was raining buckets. (There was 30" of ice, and this was the first warm day all winter, so the ice was still plenty safe.) Pounded some huge bluegills for an hour and a half in the downpour. There was even the occasional thunder rumble waaaayyyy off in the distance. Was very weird. I will remember that forever.

I was out tearing it up on loon with my Alero....Man with the wind and the water on top of the ice I felt like I was driving across the open water.

I'm just hoping the water will freeze on top of the current lake roads to smooth them out, they are very rough right now.

hmmmmmmm drifter

good point

never thought bout that

bassislife

where did u get that weather report ??

i'm going to winnie i see single digits at best highs in the 20s

Do yu think this will get some oxygen in the lakes. Maybe the bite will pickup a little?

so since there is no snow on the ice more light gets down to the weeds is that why the O2 leves will get higher?

It aint gunna be perfect if my permy freezes to the lake..I hear theres a lot of standing water.And its not gunna get real cold anytime soon.

I'd get it blocked up a little higher if I were you. I pulled my off last week not because of the ice but they weren't biting where I had it. Glad it's off for now.

was out driving around in the brainerd area and decided to take a few pics of the lakes in the area:

Pelican South access

pelican.jpg

North Long-Merrifield

northlong2.jpg

northlong.jpg

and the other lakes I drove by looked to be in the same condition.

Thanks for the pictures!! One more day in the 30's and the snow should be gone!

Friday it will freeze up tight and we will be good to go!

Greg52 what weather station are searching? AOL changed 5 degrees warmer then when I posted earlier. It is now a low of 0 for Friday!

I'm sure north of Brainerd it will be colder?