Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bigslugger

G Loomis

10 posts in this topic

Why in the world doesn't G Loomis make ice rods?!

I would bet there would be a great market for them if they were anything like their open water rods

More than likely not enough of a market for them versus the cost to do it. Ther are many great ice rod builders out there now as good as or better than what Loomis could build.

You should buy a $300 rod, cut the top 28 inches off, jam it into a piece of cork, and let us know how it works for you laugh

Ive got 4 rods made from Loomis blanks.Nice ,lightweight and very durable.Alas, Loomis would probably want way to much for an icerod.

Ive got 4 rods made from Loomis blanks.Nice ,lightweight and very durable.Alas, Loomis would probably want way to much for an icerod.

No doubt about that but it would be interesting to see what they could make and how it would compare to other rods in the comparable market

Why in the world doesn't G Loomis make ice rods?!

I would bet there would be a great market for them if they were anything like their open water rods

They do. They are called Thorne Bros. haha.

For that kind of money. I think G.L. rods are over rated. I am not that impressed with the guides.

i bought one at the reeds store in park rapids. this was probably 12-13 years ago. only saw them one other time and that was in a st cloud store. havent seen any since. it is by far the best ice rod i own.