• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

04 rev ?'s

minneman

my brother is planning on trading his (I think 04) 800. i'm concidering buying it.. its been treated well, has aprox 1800 mi on it. have looked online for like pricing but not finding this particular sled for sale, any ideas on what a reasonable offer would be?

also, it has the beaver tail, can you still get the delete kit? and are there any benifits to doing this..to me it looks odd is all..

Beavertail Rev's are from 03'.......I don't think any 04's had beavertails.

As far as the delete kit just do some research on the 800's and operating temp with the beavertail delete. I thought I recall the 800's running fairly warm with the delete kits. They don't have the longer coolers like the 04'+ sleds have. If you did that I would definitely install a digital temp gauge. I put one on my 03' Rev that had a delete and found it very useful.

The manufacture date is 11-03

So by doing the delete I need to be worried about heat? but if I leave it alone I dont?

any more thoughts on an offer?

Yes, it will be something you need to keep in mind and possibly be concerned about. I know on the 600's you were usually able to get by without much of an issue, but multiple times (low snow conditions or really icy conditions) I watched the temp on my 600 climb higher than I wanted (I had installed a digital temp gauge). I was also running water wetter in my coolant.

I have not really researched the 800's much because no one I ride with has one.....I am pretty sure I remember reading more overheating issues with the 800's vs the 600's that had the delete kits. I would do some research on dootalk and see what they say on that site.

As far as price...I would say $3000-$3500. There's a 2003 Rev 800 with 1900 miles, E start, reverse, and delete kit for sale on a big classified site for $3350.

my 03 has the beaver delete with a 1 3/4 track and the only time i had a problem with the temp light coming on is when i was on really hard pack snow and a warm day. other than that i havent had a problem with it.

Well, the only issue with that is that as far as I know the stock temp one-who-thinks-I-am-silly light on the Rev's come on at 180* which is way to high for my liking. Standard operating range was from 110*-135*, maybe a little higher. Anytime I got to the mid 140's I was looking for snow. I would not want to repeatedly hit the 180+* mark as you could be affecting engine life at that point.

i have an 04 thinkin bout sellin

1200 miles i was hoping to get closer to 4 for it

its a nice sled

rocket ship

not sure if i want to part wit it but today lookin out the window its not quite as hard

awful sloppy

but if its cools and we the 3inches their talking bout

price will go up lol

just soon keep it then lol

whats beaver tail talk and delete all about ???

Yes the beaver tail is ugly, but I can justify taking it off. My 03 800 had no problem up in the mountains. I figured there would be issues wth the tail not kicking out enough snow. But I have heard that the models with the beaver tail don't cool as efficient are the new style. I had my light come on one time on a ride wasn't to warm out and there was snow.

Originally Posted By: gregg52

whats beaver tail talk and delete all about ???

a beaver tail is where the snow flap is right down by the track and has the same contour as the track,a delete kit gets rid of that

One major flaw is that when removing the beavertail is that the tunnel cooler is roughly 17" shorter than what it should be as compared to newer sleds, so not as much snow hits the cooler. That's where some of the overheating issue come in to play. No one can tell you for sure if you will or will not have issue if you delete the beavertail.

One major flaw is that when removing the beavertail is that the tunnel cooler is roughly 17" shorter than what it should be as compared to newer sleds, so not as much snow hits the cooler. That's where some of the overheating issue come in to play. No one can tell you for sure if you will or will not have issue if you delete the beavertail.

i know 2 guys who have revs w/o the beavertail and havent had any problems,you'll be ok

Originally Posted By: 311Hemi

i know 2 guys who have revs w/o the beavertail and havent had any problems,you'll be ok

I had a 600 Rev w/o the beavertail as does a good friend of mine and was fine, but mine did get warmer than I wanted multiple times. I know my friend has seen the temp light come on multiple times.

All I am saying is that he should do his research and see what other 800's have experienced if he is looking to do this. To say for sure he will not have any problems with overheating is a little more than I would want to bite off. There are things that can be done about it....but that just costs more money if you do have issues (which some people have had overheating issues after removing the beaver).