• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

OK...This Is Bad...

minneman

I had a cat get into my deer hunting clothes once. The remedee should work for you, if you can get the tarp off of your house.

1. Pull the canvas and bunch up, no folding, and place in a large plastic tote. Add 2-3 gallons of White Vinigar, and top off with water. You need to have the entire thing covered in water. Soak for a Minimum of 24 hours.

2. Add a box of backing soda for each gallon of vinegar used and mix untill it stops foaming. This will neutralize the vinegar.

3. Dump out water.

4. Add 1-2 Tbs of Dawn dish soap and refill with water. Agitate. Scrub it good.

5. Dump water again and rinse, make sure you get all the soap off.

6. Hang to dry, or reatach and leave house open to dry.

The Vinegar and water will take care of the Urea and other chemicals in the cat wee. Everything else works on the vinegar.

Good luck, I have never had this method fail.

That sounds like a lot of work. How about setting it up outside in the rain and just leaving it open for a few days?

When I bought my Otter magnum the previous owner was a smoker. I just left it outside with all windows and door wide open for a few days. The smell was almost completely gone when I went to use it next.

That sounds like a lot of work. How about setting it up outside in the rain and just leaving it open for a few days?

I have run laundry though the wash for over a dozen cycles and not removed the cat urine smell. The Vinegar bath works first time, every time.

Eventualy you learn to get rid of the cat. ( whistle )

stop the problem before there is one. shoot the cat!!! bang oops wrong cat bang oops hit the wrong cat again. Bang yes got it no more cat smell. (i have lived with cats all my life I don't like them very much and I know your pain when it comes to "cat smell") no don't shoot the cat but as long as you wash the canvs off good there should not be a smell. I have had "cat smell" on my clothes before my mom just washed them they were like new.

I would do the vinigar/baking soda approach as described above. Any way you look at it, your going to have to wash it because that stuff is soaked in there. After you wash it, spray it down with febreeze heavily while still damp and then let it dry. Its gonna be a process, but cheaper than a new house.

Bad Kitty!!! Time for kitty to take a dirt nap! Just Kidding! I would just get a tarp to store it under. Kitty smell wont get through the pvc and is cheap to replace if it were to happen again.

First off, urine contains notable amounts of ammonia (along with uric acid and some other contaminants). The mixing of urine and bleach will release chlorine gas from the bleach.

This application will help to neutralize odors from cat pee, but will also release poisonous Chlorine gas.

I do not recommend using bleach for cat urine issues.

Try this:

1 quart 3 percent hydrogen peroxide

1/4 cup baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)

1 teaspoon liquid soap or dish detergent

Mix these together and clean area.

Be sure to use this mixture immediately after it is created, as it is unstable.

Rinse with tap water afterward, and repeat if necessary.

This is a home remedy for skunk smell, but I have found that it works on other powerful scents also.

A couple of commercial products:

Epolean N-100, and SCOE 10-X. Spendy, but very effective.

I own a nuisance wildlife control business, so believe me, I know stink......

Bleach in the tub should help

Woah... Careful with this non-chalant bleach talk there Big Shooter...

In the wrong concentrations Bleach and Cat Urine create Chlorate Gas and Heat.

(Yes I learned this the hard way.)

I would rinse it twice with a hose...

Then put 2 table spoons of bleach into a gallon of water.... Spray it down... Wipe it down... Rinse...

Then repeat... Spray, wipe, rinse.

Between the rinses and the 2 bleach water rinses you should be okay.