• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Making your bike "Your Bike"

Walterwontfalter

So, i was thinking...I have a new bike, New to me anyway. I bought it from a relative. I like it a lot and it's a beautiful bike. Only it doesn't feel like it's "My Bike". It still feels a little like it's someone elses bike that I ride.

What would you add to your bike...or what would you do to make that bike feel like it's really your own?

What Type/Kind of bike do you have, where you from? My brother is a service tech. at D&M custom cyle and their Air Cleaners add alot to the bike and some look really bad as*. (Note from admin, please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you)

Clean it and polish it, go over all the nuts and bolts so you get to know it. If the handlebars, footpegs and levers are adjustable set em the you want em. Then just break out the checkbook and start hanging "stuff" on it. After you take your first long ride you'll be smiling!

well mine was the same thing i bought it from a co worker but i liad my bike down and scratched it on both sides but thats what i get for riding it on the trails (its a street legal dirt bike) but hey now its my bike and not his i don't suggest a wreck though laugh

Concur with halfnutz... Once you have poked your finger into every nook and cranny it seems to become yours. OK, maybe you just appreciate the shine a whole lot more! Now is a good time to start that cleaning process as the warmer days are coming. After you get your butt print into the seat that will help as well. Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Concur with halfnutz... Once you have poked your finger into every nook and cranny it seems to become yours

Thats what she said..

Couldnt agree more though. Take the time to really shine her up and gain a new appreciation for it. I spent over $1500 just adding stuff and changing it around..

The phrase.. OOOH SHINEY .. applies in all applications

Sorry, been away from the computer for a while. Anyway, it's a 2005 Ultra Classic. I've driven it to Sturgis and back, well..most of the way back. Plus I drove it to work almost every day last summer. It still doesn't quite feel right. Maybe because my previous bike was my first brand new bike and I'd wanted a Harley since I was a little kid.

I'll look at the Air cleaners and I've added a cup holder to the handlebars because I like to have a water bottle handy, that wind dries a guy out pretty quick. Other than that, the bike was pretty much decked out when i bought it. Believe me. I have primped and polished this baby of mine many, many times. It must just be me. Thanks everyone!

I usually do little things like adjust the handlebars and footpegs to fit me better. Then I look for small accessories that I can add to make it just alittle different. One of my bikes has bullet hole decals on it. Sometimes there are a few small chrome accessories that you can add to change the look.

Finally you can always do some type of pin striping or even a new paint job.

All of these things can make the bike "your Own" but you can take your time with some of the more drastic things...