• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Won't make the first one for sure, fishing the City Auto Glass Classic on Vermilion, but may make the one in June. The Grand Rapids Chamber Tourney is that same weekend, but pretty hard to justify a $600 entry fee when the mine I work(ed) at has been idled. $230 is a little easier to explain to mommy! grin Anyways, I appreciate the info and the help. I will e-mail you or try the HSOforum if I have anymore questions.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drew,

If thinking about the tourny keeps you up all night you should try dog sitting! Gary and Linda dropped off Jet and Ranger Tuesday night for two weeks---AHHHH!!!!--- Them two combined with my GSP's--wow. So by reading all the smack down going on here I guess I'll fit right in when Julie and I move up there-lol-.

Carmon

Wade, Johns been kicking around the idea of buying a new boat this spring. I was just trying to give him more reasons to smile. Hes been in three of my boats so I think he owes me a day in his wink

Wade, haven't seen you drive by the house for awhile. Hows everything going? Been getting out on the ice much?

Well with warm temps we all are thinking spring and time to take the dust off the boat.

Well one thing with the grand slam walleye tournament it is the cheapest tournament to fish with the pay out and prizes and close to home.

There is a lot of good rods on the river and like drew said you do not need a big boat. But the best thing is who found fish and who had a good game plan coming into the tournament and how did they do at the end. Well this tournament has a lot of great guy's and gals that have fished it every year.

I hope this year with only a 50 boat limit we can fill that and we will see if northlander will stay at home or come out and play. There is fun had by all I just would like to fill this field it would be a great pay out and should be a early spawn and fish should be more spread out. Well keep the smack coming in and we will see lots of smiles on faces come game day. well be safe and we will see ya on the water soon.

Drew,

Jet is fine, he just lays around- Ranger calmed right down after he got introduced to Tritronic at 20% lol.. I've been kicking around the idea of jumping into the tourny it sounds like alot of fun. I havent got my rear handed to me in awhile so its time..lol.. Hope all is well and we'll see on the river in May.. cant wait!!

Ya this tourney is a lot of fun, thats when we have decent weather. wink

Im hoping for a average spring with plenty of good weather and little rain. We dont need a wash out like 2 yaers ago. eek

Thing about this contest is it can be won jigging, rigging, trolling spinners, trolling cranks, hand lining (right crankin 21?) or 3 way rigging. Just about anything will catch ya fish when your on them.

Ill be there dont worry guys. One way or another Ill be there.

"Steve will be easy to spot. Just look for a white and blue FishHawk, Steve will be in the black Lund following it."

gunflint, You can not for get Steve in his ORANGE stocking hat. He is not hard to find just look around and you will see him standing 6-6 with a orange hat the only one in the tournament with his height and his orange cap. He let's the fish now where he is so fish just out side Steve and they will just jump in your boat. This is if the water is not to muddy.

Ya it always seems Im just a bit away from where the bite is. heck 2 years in a row its been a matter of just a few yards. Oh well thats fishin.

Im going to retire my orange hat some day. Its getting pretty beaten up. Only a few more washes left in that baby.

maybe Ill just stick to the red mad bomber or go get a lime green one like my orange one.

Ill be easy to spot either way. Ill be the one fighting a 33" hog only to lose it at the back of the boat. frown

Ok Ill bite. I havent seen them anyplace yet either.

Skipperskid where are they at man?

- NL I'm not trying to sound like a smart@ss I would just like to look at the rules/registration for 2009. I haven't fished this event since 04 so I know I'm not going to get one in the mail. Also all the other walleye events I fish in MN have updated their sites for 2009 regarding rules and schedules etc.

I just meant I said I wouldnt post on this again until after ice fishing was done.I may still have a few outings left.

I know you werent trying to be a smart a$$ E.

I hear ya on the HSOforum. Its needed help for a while now.

It would also be nice to get the flyers, I thought Tom said they would be out a while ago?

I know Tom dont make any $ doing this so I assume thats part of why the site isnt updated.

Ill see what I can find out from Tom. E-mail me and I can send ya one if I get some soon.

Make sure ya do it. Its a good little contest for the $.

Lets pray we get some good weather for a change.

The flyers will be mailed out this Friday. With the economy the way it is the sponsors have cut back way too much, But the game will go on and I have worked my but off so the game will be held as scheduled. Hope to see ya all there.

Plus they will be at MG this after noon and fishermans corner and the web site should be done by this weekend.