Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cliffy

09 Yamaha Nytro XTX

12 posts in this topic

Anyone have one of these? I am looking at picking one up...end of season sale and I am curious if anyone else has one and what their thoughts might be. Thanks.

just getting into the sport again after many many years. I have a 99 vmax.

I like the idea of a 4 stroke engine but I do understand they have their issues. I would be mostly doing trail riding in the West central MN area....but enjoy getting off the trail in deep powder here and there.

yeah, of course. I am just curious if anyone has one..and if they would share their opinions. I am scheduled to meet with the dealer tomorrow and test one...but I just thought I would ask for some outside input.

They made a lot of changes to the front end from last year. The 08 were bad they were hard to handle and you took so much of the blows to your arms. I agree i would test drive one befor buying. What makes you interested in a Nytro??

I drove an '09 this fall and that thing is awesome. I drove the Ski 4-stroke too and that things was also awesome. It would be a tough call between the two. I would look at that Ski too. It is lighter that the Nytro. Either way, both sleds pull HARD!

What makes you interested in a Nytro??

Yes, I do plan on driving it before making my decision. Your the 2nd person who has said that to me. Is it common for people to spend that sort of money and not even test drive it? That would be crazy!

Why am I interested? No specific reason really...other than I spoke to a couple of people who have tested it and gave it good reviews. It also seems that Yamaha has a good reputation with their 4-stroke engines. If I understand it correctly, its Yamaha's cross over sled.....good for trails and some powder...and that concept appeals to me.

I guess the dealership is just over the bridge and I spent an afternoon checking it out...and thought it looked like a nice sled. I am open to other sled suggestions... Thanks

Cliffy

A common complaint is that they off little wind protection and gets very cold riding one(even with the tall windshield and side deflectors). Handwarmers dont get very hot.

bad ice build up in the tunnel while power riding..some people are saying they get over 30 lbs of ice build up!!!!

lacks ski pressure..which hurts trail and cornering performance.

I was actually considering one before this season and now Im glad I didnt get one.

Now that is the sort of info I am looking for. Thanks for sharing.

Cliffy

Not that this site doesn't have great responses but you should check out www ty4stroke com and read all you want. You'll find more actual users/owners on there. Everything that I've read/experienced, this would definitely be the sled I would buy right now.

Thanks, I found that site last night...good info.