• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

open water VS hard water

bimbo

just curious to see who prefers witch? since this seasons comming to a close and people are already thinking about open water made me very curious..

so what do you prefer? open water fishing or hard water.

me i would have to go with ice fishing. i mean we live in minnesota we have to take advatage of it.

The walleye season may be coming to a close, but that's when pannie season kicks in! There is a lot of hot action yet to be had on the ice! I prefer Ice fishing from Ice up through mid April or ice out, and Open water between Mid April and whenever there's fishable ice. They are both great!

i'm 56 use to be an avid ice fisherman and did rather well

but i'll take open water sittin in my new yar craft comfortalbe any day

my gf doesnt care all she wants to do is fish she has a nice wheel house so we still go in te winter but i dont put the effort into it i use to so hence not as many fish

we're going to winnie this week end and i think we are going to do good for several reasons and effort being one of those plus its warm wayyyyyyyyyy above zero

yes i'm waiting for may june

My screen name tells it all, I think you can get set up for the hardwater much cheaper than getting a boat ect. In the winter one usually fishes in a controlled environment(portable or perm.) one does not have to worry as much about weather conditions ie: rain,wind,heat,cold. The hardwater is a different ball game all in itself as opposed to summer fishing. I love the social aspect of ice fishing, people seem less social during open water( my opinion of course. I seem to get a back ache after being on the boat for more than 3-4 hours from the constant up and down motion of the water,I dont get that ice fishing. Plus I think the fish taste better in winter..Just my 2 cents....BT

I love the ice as I can go everwhere I want to in the summer, without the hassle of a boat. Boats are just such a PITA, I have never had any problems with my Otter dying on me out in the middle of a lake.

Plus it is so much more quiet. You can easily have the whole lake to yourself, even in the heart of Minneapolis.

first off ur posting in "ice fishing forum" but i like ice fishing better. Id rather pull the porti out with the sled then load and unload a boat. i can get out and fish solo easier then open water. Not to meantion i HATE hot weather, i hate sweating my balls off when its 100+ outside and 100% hum/due point, give me 0 outside and nice warm house over a nice little honey hole anyday