• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

State Record ?

I don't like to bring up scoring bucks but I keep getting an email from a friend and they found a typical buck dead during rifle season and it scored 205. What is our typical record by archery,rifle,musket ? I would post the pic., but the person holding it I wouldn't want to throw that all over the net. I don't think he'd appreciate it and without his permission I wouldn't do it. Just curious.

Ok, might take some doing, I could e-mail it to you, just don't post until I get an Ok which might be tough to do, maybe not. I know the guy holding it, actually played baseball with him for years, but lost touch since retirement. They found it dead and couldn't tell if it had been poached or an arrow or what caused the death, I would say it is every bit what the Breen buck was. What is crazy is if it truly scored 205, 4 miles from where it was found came the 2005 state record by musket, non-typical however, and I can't get a bite on selling my land in that area, is there a source on here for selling land, I would think there is. Need your e-mail address.

Sorry Dave, should try to get permission first my bad, I just wanted to know what the typical record is because I thought it was more than 205. My uncle told me it was scored at 205 but was it really. It has a huge rack. I actually figured most people have seen it already. BigLake has seen it, so it's out there, I just owe the guy holding it some privacy. Would love to post it, but maybe someone on here knows him better than myself and could post it with his permission, I would have no problem e-mailing it to individuals, just don't want to be the reason he is getting maybe even calls or bothered by people. So 202 is the record, thanks, now I know that this deer had a shot possibly. There is a running rumor around that an archery hunter wounded it and never found it, but who knows.

B Amish is correct.

I think I posted it in fact. Got it from someone to post up.

I'll believe the story when its in print somewhere with some solid info behind it.

Seems to be another case like the other hundred record bucks sent around the internet that never surface again.

i was at a party with some friends a few months ago and got to see it. i'd say close to 200" or better. the guy showing it off said it was 202 or something like that. thing had like 28" beams, HUGE! however, the person showing it wasn't the guy holding it in the prior picture, but i'm sure it was the same woodpile!

That's what I mean, lots of people throwing numbers around, it is quite a specimen. Knowing the guy holding it, I don't doubt the unfortunate truth about the deer. I guess I questioned my uncle on this 205 thing and that's why I wanted to find out what the state record was so if I saw official verification I'd know where that buck stood just for my own curiosity. Wish the guy holding it would've had the chance to harvest it.