• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Animals stealing my fish!

kstruck

Another time at the cabin we had some walleye in a cooler in the boat. Coons got in there and left the fish, but took our dognuts! That was almost worse. That was breakfast.

Were they Krispy Kreme's ? (Couldn't resist) laugh

I lived on a lake growing up near St Joseph. Our dog would venture off at times when we were not paying attention. She came home with a box of doghnuts one morning, and a dollar bill another time!! I'm guessing there were some not so happy fisherman out on the lake.

I lived on a lake growing up near St Joseph. Our dog would venture off at times when we were not paying attention. She came home with a box of doghnuts one morning, and a dollar bill another time!! I'm guessing there were some not so happy fisherman out on the lake.

shocked Hey! Maybe those were my dognuts, dougnuts, donuts, whatever. Hope you're all done having fun at my expense now. blushgrin

Another boundry waters story we had a snapper eat two walleye on a stringer. One opener we had about ten really nice crappies in one of those wire fish baskets hanging on the dock. Left them overnight and in the morning there was a big hole in it. The only thing left was one crappie and all that was eaten of it was the head. The last time it happened to me was when I was on a trip in Mexico. I was fishing on a pier and was in the process of reeling up a small jack when a pelican snatched it on the way up. I ended up hooking the pelican and reeling that in to get the hook out if its beak. This was not the first time this bird went to steal someones fish because I pulled not just my hook form its beak but an old rusty jig as well.

That was probably our Lab stealing your fish. Last Sunday he came back to the portable with a 12 inch crappie with the guy who caught it not far behind. The guy most have went bang when he caught it. The old boy is missing bird season.

I might have told this story here before, but a few years back my buddy and I were at his old mans cabin. My buddy has a lab that will eat just about anything that isn't nailed down. We had just got back from fishing and had big Northern on the stringer that we were intending to have for dinner. We were having a beer on the deck getting ready to go clean fish, when it occured to me that his chow hound was no where to be seen. I don't know why it occurred to me that she might be eating our fish, but when I went down to the dock I made it there just in time to see her finishing off the tail of the Northern. I couldn't believe that a 50# dog could eat a that big a fish that quickly, but there wasn't a piece around.

My buddy was worried that she would puke in the cabin later or worse yet that the bones would get caught in her intestines, so we fed her a few tablespoons of 2% hydrogen peroxide to get her to throw up. After a few minutes she urped up some fish and we thought that was the end of it and started burying it. That's about the time the mother load came up. Eye's, face, intestines, fins and all. I gut deer and bear every year, but neither buddy nor I could bury what was left of that fish without gagging a little.

Went to a buddies home once and his ornery old Black Lap was playing with a weird looking Stick. Had it in his mouth and was shaking it back a forth, dropping it on the ground, kicking it, flipping it up in the air. He was just having a good old time with his "stick".

Looked a little closer and saw that the stick was actually a frozen Nortern that my buddy had caught the evening before and was going to clean the next day as he had something else to attend to that night. Dog got to the bucket during the night I guess.