• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2009 600 E-TEC H.O. vs. 1200 4-TEC

swedishpimple

I am looking at the 2009 Ski-doo Line-up with interest in the MXZ Renegade

Wonder if anyone has the 600 E-tec

or the 1200 4 Stroker

I see the 600 gets better mileage but the 4 stroke clutch engages at very low RPM's that looks like a real plus in slow spee manuvering in deep snow.

Right now I am leaning towards the 600, but i am wondering if any of you have either of these rides and what you like or dislike about each one.

i have 150 e tec on my boat lol

its a 20 ft yar craft lots of power

plane that boat out right now

i'm a ski doo guy to 600 mxz here but 04

and thats rocket ship to

dunno nuttin bout 4 stroke stuff

bommardier is top of the line to me no matter what the build

i was actually to to pilot that flew one of theirs jets for a private company

if they can build planes ground stuff should be a cake walk lol

I think the 1200 has 130 HP and the 600 has 120 HP.

I am leaning towards the 600 etec....it is lighter...looks like enough power for me and 1 start pull...even in the cold

Had to laugh while jump starting a 4 stroker in the -30 in Canada this winter. That would suck if you were 30 miles from home and no "current bush" to plug into.

If it was up to me, I would take the 4stroke. It weighs what, a tad over 500 (big deal compared to other beands 4 strokes). It has LOTS of torque. More dependable...and in this economy that might actually come into play. Plus you are looking at better resale if you do look to get rid of the sled. This being said, both are 1st year engines and Im very afraid of first year 2 strokes, especially from BRP.

take a look at the 800r renegade. my uncle has one and it handles awesome and has lots of power! althought i heard the e-tec is very good on gas and oil. such as able to go 1000 miles on one tank of oil... i would probley give the e-tec another year though before i got a new one.

I went to the local Ski-Doo dealer tonight they had the 1200 4-stroke and 600etec in MXZ Renagedes side by side and the 600etec was quite a bit smaller than the 4-stroke. I think ski stance is the same but the 4-stroke looked fatter when compared to the 600, still its a good lookin machine. I would like to test ride that 1200.

if your looking for power take a closer look at the 800r. but if you want go milage on gas and oil id look at the other two. weather you want a 4stroke or 2 stroke is up to u. personally i would go with the 600 etec over the 1200 just because i like a smaller lighter sleds and the way the 2 strokes pull.

have you ever rode a 4 stroke? they pull very hard bottom end...they dont call em torquemonsters for nothing.

the 1200 is about the same weight as what most 2 strokes used to be

i would go with the 600 etec. the wifes uncle ( Missoula MT ) has one and he loves it. says its really light on oil. I wouldnt be surprised if BRP puts a turbo on the 1200 for next year.

p.s hey SledNeck, we are ( or were ) planning a weekend trip of riding down around the Range area at the end of the month. what are the trails like after this rain? Was down there last winter and loved the trails down there.