• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Farve to the Vikings!

bassNspear

Originally Posted By: Big Dave2
Originally Posted By: threerivers
Draft or trade up for a top QB. Look what Atlanta did.

Vikings tried that already.

Not with a number 3 pick overall, they traded three picks to move up and grab someone in the second round... a wee bit different dude

If they were smart they would look to free agency this year for a one year wonder (see Kurt Warner) and next year sell the farm to move up the ladder and take a QB in the top 5

I must be missing something. Doesn't Kansas City have the 3rd pick overall? Vikings are 22nd. How would they acquire the 3rd pick?

Isn't that what I have been advocating by saying I would like to see Brett Favre come here?

DUDE

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes it is like hitting your head against the wall, I swear...

Ok, for the forum impaired... the vikings traded up for TJack. The previous post implied doing what Atlanta did which would require getting Matt Ryan or equal with THE THIRD OVERALL PICK. These moves are not even in the same galaxy, per se. Any draft board and number guru would tell you that.

DUDE sleep

Big Dave are you looking at Favre in today, or in years past? He is a gun slinger qb, in his prime this was a good thing, today he is injured, old, and the desire to compete isnt what it was years ago. He doesnt like to attend practices, or training camps, he cant move as fast as previous years. Then we have the distractions he brings to the team. No Thanks!

Besides all that, I never liked him. So, yes, I would take any of them qb's in that list, and many more before I would have a 2009 version of Brett Favre on my team.

Do you still feel this way 4Wandering??? That old gun slinger had a fantastic year, and still has the desire to win. wink He just might get the purple their first championship. They wouldn't have had this season with TJack as the QB!!! wink

No, he sure showed me grin . He did have an excellent year, there is no doubt. But I still dont like him. I always thought he would be a better option then Jackson, but that isnt giving him to much credit! Although you do have to admit, he hasnt played the same way he has in the last several years, he isnt throwing stupid passes, he isnt just airing the ball in hopes a reciever will come down with it, or trying to force things. He is playing like a veteran QB should play, he is using his head more.

No, he sure showed me grin . He did have an excellent year, there is no doubt. But I still dont like him. I always thought he would be a better option then Jackson, but that isnt giving him to much credit! Although you do have to admit, he hasnt played the same way he has in the last several years, he isnt throwing stupid passes, he isnt just airing the ball in hopes a reciever will come down with it, or trying to force things. He is playing like a veteran QB should play, he is using his head more.

He did that in 2008 before his injury with the jets. And if you look at his 2007 season with the packers it was the same case.

One thing you guys keep over looking here is he is injured, and elected to not have the surgery to repair his throwing arm. Last year I think he could have gotten us further in the playoffs, I wouldnt have liked watching him as are qb, but I really didnt like watching Gus, and T-Jack as our qb either. This year, it is a complete different situation. Favre is injured, he has one more year to his old age, and he doesnt want to play. Face it, he is now officially washed up! And it will not happen!

Not in any order

1. Romo

2. Brady

3. Big Ben

4. Cassel

5. Anderson

6. Warner

7. Hasselbeck

8. Ely

9. Payton

10. Pennington

11. K Collins

12. Drew Brees

13. McNabb

14. Flacco

15. Leftwich

These are just off of the top of my head, I am sure if I looked them up I could come up with 10 more!

This is a list of the top 10 QBs you would rather have than Favre.

You want me to find 10 QB's that I would rather have than 39 year old Brett Favre?? Okay..

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Ben Roethlisberger

5. Eli Manning

6. Phillip Rivers

7. Tony Romo

8. Kurt Warner

9. Donovan McNabb

10. Chad Pennington

I could add at least another ten before I wanted Favre.

Leaving and retiring from the Packers, then back stabbing them, and back stabbing NY, is 2 total different things. The national press would eat him up so bad he will have to stick his head so deep in the sand, you wont hear his name again until he dies! That and why do you all assume he still wants to be a Viking?

Originally Posted By: Big Dave2
I guarantee you guys would have never put Kurt Warner on that list a year ago.

That is absolutely correct but we are not doing a list based on 2 years ago we are doing a list for today. Today, I don't want Farve on a top ten list or on my team. If he comes back and has a MVP type year like Warner you can all tell me I told you so but at this point I don't want the guy who played last year and seems awfully beat up, worn down and seems to have lost that little extra something personally that made him who he was.

I told you so wink