• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Farve to the Vikings!

bassNspear

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there is anyway this will ever happen........but........Why on earth would anyone not want him here? Even at his age, he is still a top 10, maybe even a top 5 QB in the league.

Look at the mess the Jets have now. They got rid of Chad Pennington and now a fellow division team is much more competitive because of it. If anyone in the NFC North got Favre, the packers would get 3 first round picks from the Jets, undoubtedly making them much better. Jets lost their head coach, maybe wouldn't be the worst thing for the Vikes. And by the end of the season had fellow teammates criticizing him. You don't understand why anyone wouldn't want him??

I don't understand why anyone would. All we would get is a interception throwing machine, who is well past his prime, who is going to tear apart our locker room and then put us through the same drama the Packers have gone through the last, what, 3 years, and now the Jets will go through this summer.. And all at the same time, giving the Pack 3 FIRST ROUND draft picks.

If I were a Packer fan, I would love to see him go to the Vikes.

LOL...you read into the media way to much...if you talk to anyone around favre they say he's the best person to be around in the locker room, practice, meetings, and in the game.

the pack would get nothing if the jets decide to release favre...the pack got a 3rd this year and next year the jets get a 7th from the pack.

there's no future in favre though...i'd rather us try getting a young qb for the future then a one year wonder just to try to win the superbowl once.

Originally Posted By: Big Dave2
I don't think there is anyway this will ever happen........but........Why on earth would anyone not want him here? Even at his age, he is still a top 10, maybe even a top 5 QB in the league.

Look at the mess the Jets have now. They got rid of Chad Pennington and now a fellow division team is much more competitive because of it. If anyone in the NFC North got Favre, the packers would get 3 first round picks from the Jets, undoubtedly making them much better. Jets lost their head coach, maybe wouldn't be the worst thing for the Vikes. And by the end of the season had fellow teammates criticizing him. You don't understand why anyone wouldn't want him??

I don't understand why anyone would. All we would get is a interception throwing machine, who is well past his prime, who is going to tear apart our locker room and then put us through the same drama the Packers have gone through the last, what, 3 years, and now the Jets will go through this summer.. And all at the same time, giving the Pack 3 FIRST ROUND draft picks.

If I were a Packer fan, I would love to see him go to the Vikes.

If the Jets felt at the time that they should or could have held on to Chad Pennington then they would have. The Vikings are in a different situation. If Favre had come to the Vikings this year they probably would have been one of the best teams in football. No one would be dumb enough to hang their hat on Brett Farve as a long term solution. You have to figure he's a one year rent-a-player. if you get more than one year it's a bonus.

Tell me........what 10 QB's in the league would you rather have than Brett Favre?

"Tear apart the locker room".....???????? You mean just like Randy Moss supposedly was doing here? Ask the patriots how that one worked out.

Not in any order

1. Romo

2. Brady

3. Big Ben

4. Cassel

5. Anderson

6. Warner

7. Hasselbeck

8. Ely

9. Payton

10. Pennington

11. K Collins

12. Drew Brees

13. McNabb

14. Flacco

15. Leftwich

These are just off of the top of my head, I am sure if I looked them up I could come up with 10 more!

Not in any order

1. Romo

2. Brady

3. Big Ben

4. Cassel

5. Anderson

6. Warner

7. Hasselbeck

8. Ely

9. Payton

10. Pennington

11. K Collins

12. Drew Brees

13. McNabb

14. Flacco

15. Leftwich

These are just off of the top of my head, I am sure if I looked them up I could come up with 10 more!

LOL!!!!! laugh

The vikes always get the old and has been QBs take Mcmahon and Cunningham we had Johnson got rid of him he won a bowl and then we get him back! What they need to do is back up twenty yards and punt, oh wait thats what they always do.

Big Dave are you looking at Favre in today, or in years past? He is a gun slinger qb, in his prime this was a good thing, today he is injured, old, and the desire to compete isnt what it was years ago. He doesnt like to attend practices, or training camps, he cant move as fast as previous years. Then we have the distractions he brings to the team. No Thanks!

Besides all that, I never liked him. So, yes, I would take any of them qb's in that list, and many more before I would have a 2009 version of Brett Favre on my team.

All you have to do is take a look around the league to know if old STIFFS like Warner, Collins and that type of washed up QB can do it. A healthy Favre could crank it up for a season or 2 no problem.

I rate Favre better then over half of Wands list....even injured like he was the 2nd half of last season.

It's one thing to have a personal vendetta against Favre but to say a guy who just made another Pro Bowl is washed up and should retire is well ludicrous.

Get Well Brett we'll see ya in purple hopefully sooner then later.

I hate to admit it, but I agree with you PB. I think if he'd get that shoulder scoped, he'd look pretty good in purple.

Never mind... I take that back. No pure Viking fan would ever want to see Favre in our uniform, right? I'd probably puke green while watching #4 in purple.

Talk about torn... wink

To me, the biggest issue with him coming to the Vikes would be the attention he brings with him, and how that affects the Vikings' efforts at getting a new stadium before the lease expires on the good ol' Dome.

I do not want to be rooting for the LA Vikings come 2012. Favre would most certainly affect that outcome, but I'm not sure how.