Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sifty

Just a reminder

11 posts in this topic

Your fantasy picks need to be in by the 15th.

Sifty

got mine in already

I suppose I should probably get my spreadsheets in order! shocked

what does the bench driver do for a team manager? This

is new this year...

thanks!

randy

The "bench" is the same as last year. Last year you had 2 in A and only one of those could earn race points (that was the active driver that had the check next to his name) the other driver (bench) was available if the active driver qualified poorly.

Its just like last year. You choose two guys from all the drivers in the A list before the driver change deadline. After the deadline you can only choose between the two drivers you had selected to earn points for the race based on how they qualify or who you think will do better.

ok got it! thanks! And thanks for you guys time running this

again this year!

randy

When is the driver change deadline, do have one for each race. Im confused about this bench driver too

From Yahoo Rules;

"The deadline for picking new drivers for the upcoming race is 2:00 a.m. PT on the morning of qualifying.

The deadline to change the status of a driver on your team from reserve to active is five minutes before the scheduled start of each race (view the complete schedule).

Please note that the scheduled race time usually differs from the actual start time of the race. Rosters are locked based on the time displayed on the Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Racing schedule."

You have an A, B, and C list of drivers. You select two drivers from the A list, Four drivers from the B list, and 2 Drivers from the C list. You have until "2:00 a.m. PT on the morning of qualifying" to pick your drivers from all the drivers listed in each group.

After qualifying you can only change the 2 drivers you selected the A list, 4 drivers in the B list, 2 drivers in the C list from active to inactive. only 1 driver each in the A and C list and 2 drivers in the B list can be active drivers. These drivers are the only ones that will earn race points. The inactive or "bench" drivers selected in each group will only earn qualifying points. You have until 5 minutes before the start of the race to make changes to these drivers. Only the active drivers count towards the nine race maximum that is allowed for each driver. After nine races the driver can no longer earn any qualifying or race points.

Thats the part i didnt find, i read through the rules but missed that part. Now it all makes sense. Thank You