• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Not sure if anyone in this forum fishes Cedar, but more good news this week on habitat construction in the lake. If you fish this lake, you know how green it gets in the summer, choking out the weeds. Fish habitat has been poor, so starting in 2004 they have been setting cribs on the ice to create structure once the ice melts. This past week the crews constructed 46 more cribs to add to the 132 that are already out there. Not sure if have already, or if they plan on mapping these cribs out for the fishermen, but the rehab project is slated to continue over the coming years. If you plan on fishing it, mark 'em before they sink!

I'm not sure if the shacks are still out after all the rain/melt, but the cribs on the NorthEast side from a couple years ago usually get hit quite a bit, so something must be using 'em.

What are you fishing for?

Some guys are out, but not a lot yet. I did here some augers going at it at on the cribs by the south west bay (not the one by the access). Anyway, perch day, walleye night.....Finicky, and tricky to get them to bite but ended up with 16 perch, and 7 for 9 on walleyes (biggest was 19" or 20"....

Any tricks to the eyes out there through the ice. Have tried several presentations with no luck except for an 8 incher by accident on a crappie minnow. I have tried many spots and many baits. Maybe my spots were not the place to be.... Sounds like they bite better early ice, but i have limited travel as I contend with asthma and don't own a snowmobile or wheeler. I've caught many in early spring through late summer but never hard water season.

Just a note to Jarrid- You may know this but the slot of 14"-18" is a must be released slot not a keep slot. The way you worded your report sounds misleading. It does get confusing with all the different regs on the lakes in the area. Not trying to pin you for anything, I may have just misunderstood what you meant for (in the slot).

I was out today with a buddy fishing the SW corner. Went out to 23 ft to start with no luck, ended up in 6-7 ft of water and caught 20 or so little sunnies. I mean they were real little, but it was fun and kept me and a buddy occupied.

Nags, welcome to the forums!

Sorry, but I don't believe anyone rents shacks on that, or any of the other local lakes in the area. You may want to call Russel's bait/sporting goods store in Star Prairie and ask them, they would know.

They do have rental shacks out there, they are for 24 hr periods, noon to noon. At least that is what I read somewhere. I fished right next to them last Sunday, but I'm sorry I don't know the contact information.

But yes they do, I'm sorry I have no real useful information for you though.

*I just figured out where I read that. It was on a list by craig (If you catch my drift...they wont let me post the site that I found it.) They had like 5 or 6 shacks for rent. The group or company was out of New Richmond