• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

AAAARRGGGH

mrfish1991

Went out to my favorite local fishing spot last friday. Drilled my first two holes with my new hand auger that probably has less than 15 holes on it. I saw a hole that had already been drilled so i decided that i would redrill it (figured there would be less to drill). The first bit of the hole went fine like normal and when i got to the bottom it did the usual binding.....

But thats where the good news ends...this last bit was tougher than it usually is so i just tried to walk it around like i usually do. Then PWING the wing nut that holds the auger to th handle shears off. Not good. I look at it after i pull it up (thankfully the handle and auger did not separate) and it turned out breaking the wing nut was the least of my problems. The hole that the bolt goes through o. The handle piece was peeled back frown. Looks like another piece of my equiptment is out of comission for the rest of the season...looks like its time for another trip to the big C, But i doubt they have any of their hand augers left. So i guess it will be an order from the auger manufacturer.

Sorry for the rant

This season has been rough on my equiptment...but from now on i am never re-drilling holes

watch for auctions in the off season I got my old Eskimo for 65 bucks and it has never let me down yet

Ya, but im off to college out of state next ice season and i really wont have any time for fishing

I do like the welding idea though, i could get that done at school for free