Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WTN4ICE

First LOW Trip

8 posts in this topic

Just got back from two days up north.Had a great first experience, kudos to the staff at Riverbend.The action was a little slow Firday but Rich moved us to different houses Saturday with improved results. Both houses limited out on walleyes and sauger with a few jumbos and my first pout. What a nasty looking creature. Rich said they would clean it so we will see if it is the poor mans lobster. The weather was great,a 25 mile ride out in a HOT bommer was a little uncomfortable but we got on fish.

LakeoftheWoodsTrip018.jpg

%7Boption%7DLakeoftheWoodsTrip021.jpg[/img

LakeoftheWoodsTrip015.jpg

LakeoftheWoodsTrip023.jpg

LakeoftheWoodsTrip031.jpg

Yeah those pout are nasty looking, I just cut the line. I have heard they are great to eat. One day I will have to actually touch one and give it a try but I am afraid my meal would be spoiled with visions of the ugliest fish good ever made.

Got to love Riverbend. Last year was my first and I did not much care for the bomber ride but the fishing was awesome. Nice pics and good work on the perch. I got a few but usually only one a day. Looks like you did much better.

Glad you had a good trip! River Bend is a great place to stay. How about the bartender Gordy? What a CARD!!