Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WTN4ICE

First LOW Trip

8 posts in this topic

Just got back from two days up north.Had a great first experience, kudos to the staff at Riverbend.The action was a little slow Firday but Rich moved us to different houses Saturday with improved results. Both houses limited out on walleyes and sauger with a few jumbos and my first pout. What a nasty looking creature. Rich said they would clean it so we will see if it is the poor mans lobster. The weather was great,a 25 mile ride out in a HOT bommer was a little uncomfortable but we got on fish.

LakeoftheWoodsTrip018.jpg

%7Boption%7DLakeoftheWoodsTrip021.jpg[/img

LakeoftheWoodsTrip015.jpg

LakeoftheWoodsTrip023.jpg

LakeoftheWoodsTrip031.jpg

Yeah those pout are nasty looking, I just cut the line. I have heard they are great to eat. One day I will have to actually touch one and give it a try but I am afraid my meal would be spoiled with visions of the ugliest fish good ever made.

Got to love Riverbend. Last year was my first and I did not much care for the bomber ride but the fishing was awesome. Nice pics and good work on the perch. I got a few but usually only one a day. Looks like you did much better.

Glad you had a good trip! River Bend is a great place to stay. How about the bartender Gordy? What a CARD!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I would say your results speak for themselves, we often do things that don't make sense or trade short term gain for long term trouble. Nature does things for a reason that we often don't understand, why try to fix what isn't broken?
    • Two charter boats. (11 people) Fishing was very slow last Sunday afternoon (8), but we did really well on Monday morning (43). Due to bad luck drawing cards, neither Mrs Duff or I touched a rod on Sunday. She went 5 for 5 on Monday. That's fishing for ya though. And true fishermen understand that.   Some real nice fish this year, good luck to those that make it out there.      
    • And no, it does not have some sort of virus. They are calling it a phishing site and it is not. It competes with Google adsense so it make sense for Google to be sloppy in their algorithm.
    • Great storytelling with pictures on a portion of your life experiences in the  great outdoors.  Thanks for sharing Len.  
    • Len - This was a very nice article.  I enjoyed your writing style.  Take care.
    • I am going to pick up a box to pattern against what I am shooting now. Here is my question. They are available in both 1 3/4 oz. shot and 1 7/8 oz. shot in 12 gauge. In a 3" 12 gauge #5 shot shell, that comes out to a 21 pellet difference. The velocity for 1 3/4 is 1200 fps, for 1 7/8 is 1080. At 20 yards it would make very little difference, but say at 45 yards would you rather have the extra 21 pellets or the added velocity? I suppose the answer is to buy both and pattern them, but I am curious as to the thoughts of the folks on this board. Thanks
    • I was looking to get an otter XT pro cabin this winter, I was wondering of anyone on here has an otter in the pro platform and how they like the extra insulated walls. Does it seem bulky? Too warm on above 0 days? I wouldn't mind just the normal cabin but they only offer it with a bench it seems but having the extra insulation may be nice to have for those cold days here and there. 
    • Thank You for the very interesting and enjoyable morning read
  • Our Sponsors