• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spinner Bait box

propster

Is there a Plano or commercially available box for holding the larger sized spinner baits we use for muskies, that isn't already the size of tackle box itself? Ol' Matty, you said you were planning on making one. Have you completed it and how did it turn out? I prefer not laying them flat on top of each other in a shallow open Plano-type box without the dividers, which is basically what we're doing now. Any suggestions?

Quote:
So like a vinyl softpak deal? I'll check it out.

yeah, clear vinyl. never really held one but in the pics i don't see holes, and i didn't look real close when i saw it... i think at sportsmans warehouse... but this got me thinking (thanks a lot props cry) of an idea for a breathable folder. now to find the ''stuff'' to make it. i normally just take three or four in a lakewood at a time so i never thought about it before. let us know how it goes, huh?

Nope I haven't make it yet, still looking for bigger plastic toolbox n plexiglasses*anybody know where to find them?* . I was think abt put plexiglass in tool box mayb 3-5" apart n put spinnerbait on top of it. Like small size bass spinnerbait box.

The Bailey Pac is a suitcase style spinnerbait pack, that I designed a few years ago. You may have seen it at one of the Muskie shows in the last few years.

You can check them out on my HSOforum or come and see them at the MN Muskie Expo. They are much better quality than any of the fold up stuff you'll see at the stores.

They even float, so you won't ever have to worry about dropping them in the water.

"Ace" smile

Ace guide service.

I purchased a lakewood muskie medium box for my spinnerbaits. It has 3 rows of 4 squares with 2 slots in each square.

The way I put them in is two to a square (call it square #1, one per slot in the square) with the spinners in the next square (#2)..say...to the right. Then, I move to the third square (#3), and put two more bodies in there, with the spinners going back into square #2. So...you get 4 spinners into 3 squares, and you can repeat that for the next three squares on the same row. Then, row 2 does the same thing, as does row 3.

So...by the time you are all filled, you have a total of 24 spinnerbaits in the muskie medium box, and if it tips over, you don't have a mess of hooks to untangle...just two hooks.

Steve

I picked up a Magnum Tackle Logic soft side folder for $6.97 and put a dozen spinnerbiats in it last night and it works like a charm. It freed up about 1/4 of my Lakewood coffin. It didn't come with enough bags, but a quart size ziploc will hold even the biggies with the #10 blades. I'm a huge fan - now just need to fill up the empty space in the Lakewood... wink

Hi Keith-

Sportsmans Warehouse. I think you could get them anywhere - I just saw it for cheap and picked it up. To add Ziplocs I just added some duck tape to the bag so i could punch holes for the rings. So far I have about a dozen safety pin spinnerbaits in there as well some jigs. I'm also thinking of adding some of my smaller spinnerbaits. The space savings is amazing. My real camera crapped out on me but I'll send Hunter a text with some pics tonight. If I get by there this weekend and they still have them on sale I can pick one up for you and give it to you at the expo.

-erik

Bailey pak works great for me last four years or so.

Hold bunches of big time spinnerbaits for me...M&G to huge Longtails...good mix...also easy in an out of rig an hound proof.

Lays flat, take up about as much room as a daily paper.....plus if full you can hang a bunch from insert holder deals an just fold in an they stay put.

Purdy sweet.

smile

Very classic type spinnerbait holder for sure.

Before that we used plano flat boxes..the 3 inch high ones...forget number...dump incerts.....cut V in sections halfway down to bottm of box....lay spinner in there...works like a dream an top of box keeps baits inplace.

Cheap easy way to go....but can't go wround with Bailey pak.

smile

Tommy

I forget Bailey pak cost...Terry knows...its his gig.

Maybe E-mail him or look on his web page?

Type big an bold though he may be handsome but he can't hear for %$#@%!

smile

Good investment...I might be able to post some photos of mine fully loaded if ya wish or E-mail me an I can maybe help ya out like that with a few photos.

Or maybe Terry has a few to view.

No [PoorWordUsage]..it is a good tool for any size spinnerbait....as Terry types...BAR NONE!

smile

Keep on rocken!

Tommy

Thanks Tommy,

I have them on sale right now and will ship them anywhwere for FREE!!!

The pack has 12 compartments I put 3 baits in each one so they will hold 36 baits with no trouble. It floats, even with a full load of baits in it and it has a handle so it's easy to carry. They will fit in most storage compartments of any boat as well.

They are self contained so you don't have to put them in some other kind of bag or box. Just grab the handle and go. You can also see all the baits when you open the pack. You don't have to page through it to find what your looking for.

Shoot me an e-mail if you want to get more info. Otherwise I will have tham at the Muskie Expo in April, where you can see them in person.

"Ace" smile

Ace guide serice.

For spinnerbaits, I have been using the "Hybrid" Lakewood (which is really big), and the Dunwright tubes that fit on the post of the butt seat. Most of my friends know that I use the dash and the floor as much as anything. So far no injuries or lost lures, but there certainly have been some interesting stories to go with the mess (it usuually involves someone trying to net my fish with a bag full of lures)! I really should be more organized...this Bailey Pak has definitely picqued my interest.