Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crappieguy

Strike Master auger won't start

14 posts in this topic

I have a Strike Master that I have not used for two years that I forgot to drain the gas out of. I have replaced it with new gas but it will not start. I know there is nothing wrong with the motor since I had it tuned up since the last time I used right before I put it in storage. Any help would be appreciated. thanks Pete

Does the cord pull hard? If it does, there is a good chance that the carbs are gummed up. I had that happen to me this year, I brought it to strikemaster and they took care of the problem for me.

i would definately say it has carb issues but have you checked your spark plug? did you actually drain the old fuel out of the line that went into the carb?

Its gotta be the carb, they are not too complicated to clean if you are willing to do some research on the net. But if you ask me don't waste your time cleaning the jets, just buy new ones. They are cheap and then you can rule them out of the equation.

ThCold blood

Thanks for the reponse. How do I drain the fule from the line? I thought that moght be a problem

I pull the line off at the tank, get a pail and be ready for a little cleanup.

If you have drained the old gas and have new gas..plus new plug, then with out the plug in, pull the rope a half dozen times. re insert the plug and see if she'll fire up. add some sea foam to the gas and let it help clean up the gum.

you should just have a simple clamp on the fuel line going into the carb pull that down and pull the line if there is fuel in the carb it should drain to if it doesn't the jet could be plugged but i realize thats a lot to remember

Mine is very hard starting first of the year. How many times did you try? After that first start, its 1-2 pulls every time.

I guess that I would take it into strikemaster in Big Lake. They are very fair in the pricing and turn around. They have a get it started price and a tune up price. My buddy brought his in at 4 p.m. one day and got it back at 8 am the next day. They did some adjustments and got it running like a top. Under $20. They did not have to put a carb kit in. If anything....saves some frustration if your are not a small engine guy. (I am not one)

I would even flip the kill/on/off switch a few times. Mine developed corrosion inside the switch and wouldn't kick off right away. Could pull the plug (put wire back on) and see if there's spark, too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Yep, I have noticed that too. That is a good thing to have in your back pocket in playoffs and you get caught in your zone for an icing or who knows what reason where you cannot switch lines OR just to have flexibility with matchups line vs line, but faceoff on one side vs the other.
    • Meh, his exacts words were " I tried to set myself on fire."   Setting yourself a blaze is fairly simple and effective if you want to be on fire.   I'll put him in the bat poop crazy, drama queen Zoloft category along with a former girlfriend.   You know, the one that chokes down a handful of Bayer and chases it with a fifth of vodka then proceeds to call 911 right after. Then everyone has to listen why, all the while there was no real danger.   
    • To be honest, I think of the cross as representing a burial site of a fallen soldier.  I don't necessarily even think religion when I look at the thing. In my opinion it is not even a religious symbol in that context. But that's just me.
    • The reversible plank is what they were carrying when I picked it up.  I've just been calling it carsiding because it's what most people are more familiar with.    I have that all stained and polyurethaned on the smooth side.  To me the bead side looks kind of dated.
    • Something else to keep in mind. When I was bow hunting I learned judging distance is not as easy as one might think. The bow I used was not super fast so judging a deer to be at 30 yards when it was really 40 yards would mean missing.    In my experience, we over-estimate distance sometimes by quite a lot on open areas such as open fields or on a lake. On an open area one doesn't have anything to provide a size reference so we tend to think objects are closer than they really are. Sometimes we can be off by quite a bit.   It works just the opposite in the forest where we have lots of references for size. Most of the time when a guy says he shot his deer from 50 yards it is probably a good bet that it was not quite that far. Personally, I don't like to get too close to anyone else. When on open water I rarely fish where others are. This can sometimes work against me as there is probably a reason for them being there. When ice fishing I try to stay 50 yards or more away from others. At the very least, I don't want to be close enough that our lines could become crossed when handling fish. 
    • Exactly.     We don't need to compete with Christians and their War on Xmas for the King Crybaby award.
    • Unfortunately he is still in the gene pool. He suffered non-life threatening 3rd degree burns to his back. 
    • Like politics, fishing spots, antler size and Vexilar being better than Marcum?   Just the way I like it.
    • This. I am an atheist but I don't understand why these atheist groups feel the need to blow-up petty things like this. I think it brings more of a bad name to atheists more than it does anything else. 
    • Relax man. Did you read the story or listen to the video? I titled the thread Freedom FROM Religion because that's the name of the national organization that is causing all the ruckus.     But my point still stands. If religious symbols are allowed to be placed on public property my guess is the same people who are offended by having to take down the cross would also be offended by a Muslim, Jewish or Buddhist symbol being placed on that same property.    All I am saying is be careful of what you ask for.
  • Our Sponsors