• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fishing alone

PmDavis300

when the first portable ice houses came out, they were the one man house. I think that became the norm for ice fishing in portables, very non-social. then they stared coming out with the bigger ones for 3 or more poeple.

I have a 3 man portable, and fish alone many times, I just like the extra room. it does get pretty boring though if nothing is biting.

when the first portable ice houses came out, they were the one man house. I think that became the norm for ice fishing in portables, very non-social. then they stared coming out with the bigger ones for 3 or more poeple.

I have a 3 man portable, and fish alone many times, I just like the extra room. it does get pretty boring though if nothing is biting.

i hear ya there. i love the solidarity though. nothing better then being completly alone for a few hours

i have had a 3 man(otter says)otter portable for 7 years ans only once has another person fished with me. I liek all the room for stuff.

yea I here ya, eskimo says my house is 3 man, but I don't believe them.

Originally Posted By: PmDavis300
i dont know though, im so anti social, i dont think i would know how to talk to another man for that long alone... unless it was my dad or something

thats when acoholic beverages work there best laugh

agreed, that would do the trick... now if i could just get the wifey to pick me up on the lake...

it seems as though all my buds are busy doing something, and its hard to get anyone to commit to anything. I work nights so I only get out on the weekends. I fish alone many times winter and summer, If I didn't, I would not get out much, and since I have a cabin up north and go there almost every weekend during the softwater season, my buds need to get away for the weekend.

It is nice to get out fishing alone. Nice and quiet, no children yelling at the other about who gets to catch the next fish(when the bite is slow), when we going home, I'm bored. The wife doesn't let me do it often, but when it happens, I enjoy it to the highest, even when the fish aren't biting.. cool

When I was younger, I had a bunch of buds to fish with. It's nice to split costs, work load, things like that.

The different friends would contribute different gear to the adventure, this one would bring this, that one would bring that and even if it was just a day trip, everyone would pitch in. We would all brainstorm about the lake we were gonna fish and come up with an attack plan.

When we got on the water, hard or soft, one of the crew was bound to get on some fish and we went from there.

Little by little, year after year, the friends started to dwindle down....age, physical ability, death, relocation, addictions, new interests, general attrition I guess.

Now I have only a few people that I fish with and that is only now and then. I like to plug for bass and musky, not everyone likes to do that. I like to get on the wheeler and chase perch on Mille Lacs ice, or pannies on some other lake....only one of my buds has wheeler and he lives in southern Minnesota.

So I fish alone more then ever.....but I find I don't fish as much as I used to now. It's nice to have buds you can fish with....I get enough of my own company.

I almost always fish alone as well. When you have five kids and a nagging wife, you want all the alone time you can get!! If I do fish with others I prefer that they are experienced. Last week I fished with some guys from work and one of them burned a hole the size of a football in the door of my portable (fell against the heater).

I almost always fish alone as well. When you have five kids and a nagging wife, you want all the alone time you can get!! If I do fish with others I prefer that they are experienced. Last week I fished with some guys from work and one of them burned a hole the size of a football in the door of my portable (fell against the heater).

Now that sucks!!!

I don't mind fishing with someone else, but I prefer to be alone. I like the solitude. Being able to do what I want to do when I want to do it. Not having to worry if the other guy is having fun or wants to go or wants to do something different. Just easier alone. I also like to get out real early, often before first light. Surprising few are willing to get up early enough to join me..

I like to fish with the same person most of the time, It's nice to have the same person to fish with all the time, each person knows what to do and things work a lot smoother. Things can get too cramed if you have 3 or 4 people.

I fishy by my self mostly, I find that bringing company along usually results in more gear, less time, less ability to runa nd gun, and less fish. I prefer to have the company of a pale ale and KQ 92.

This is the first year that i have done a fair amount of solo fishing, mostly because im going to school away from home and theres less people to go fishing with. I enjoyed it somedays where i caught fish and enjoyed the silence, but others it got to be pretty boring.