• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Splash of Color!(added pics from Sunday Morning)

jonny_redhorse

With all the white...It's just nice to see the bright reds of these guys against all the colorless winter landscape...Took these on Owl Avenue.....Such beautiful creatures!....

P1070302-1copy.jpg

P1070306-4copy.jpg

P1070310-3copy.jpg

and a lone redpoll...

P1070300-8copy.jpg

and a few more from this morning...

grosbeak72.jpg

P1070375-4copy.jpg

P1070320-1copy.jpg

Took this boreal image at the Arkola Station....

P1070387-3copy.jpg

P1070328-2copy.jpg

Thanks Ken and Knoppers.....I agree Ken,It's a challenge so the reds don't get oversaturated or blown out on these male grosbeaks...no real answer on how to get it "just right"....I just play with the image untill I get close to what the birds coloration looks like to me in real life...

Thanks Dan and Jay....Yes the Arkola station has certainly been an attraction for the birds!...The Owl Avenue Station(north one) had "more" birds then the Arkola yesterday!..no boreals though...It's nice to be in the bog when there's blue sky and sun for once also!..usually gray and overcast...adds to some nice colors in the images!......I met many out of state individuals this weekend between the stations.One couple from upstate New York, that heard about the bog...many from Wisconsin...people were really happy to see those boreal chickadees and hoary redpolls!...Some have never seen a pine grosbeak or gray jay!...all had smiles on there faces as they left...They kept mentioning the overall beauty of the bog area...Something we see and live every weekend...for years on end....Yes,We are very fortunate...

On my travels yesterday, I came across 2 NHO'S...One on the corner of Kolu Road and Cranberry Lane and another on McDavitt....no great grays.....a nice weekend overall!