• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pointing Labs

KoopHawk

For those of you that have pointing labs, can you tell me what you like or dislike about them. I have been thinking about getting one for a while. I love hunting behind my dad's GSP but I would like some of your opinions about your pointing labs.

i have one but she wasnt trained to point or anything she just picked it off from insticnt im guessing. we got her (chocolate lab) when she was about 2 years old from my dads coworker who was moving to town so we took her pheasant hunting a few times and after a while she got used to it then a couple years later she picked up on pointing. i do like it because before she would just flush them but now i have time to get ready when she is on point. dont really have anything to say that is negative about it.

My lab is only 1 1/2 years old, so she really has only had one full season under her belt. She has pointing lab genes and she started pointing toward the end of the season despite not doing anything to actually train her to point.

I basically like the fact that she can do it all. Retrieves, loves water, flushes, points, and is a great family dog. What more could you want.

What I don't like is the cost, but shes worth it.

Nels

I Don't have anything negative to say about ours. In fact we liked so much the first time we bought two more this fall one of which started pointing already at about 4 months old. You dont necessarilt have to break the bank on one either the more expensive of the two we only paid $400 and has a 30 month guarantee.