• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any Kawasaki riders??

gr8icefishinmind

the only reason i am looking closing at the 07 is because i might be able to get a good deal on it. they wont budge on the price but i told them if they put a different set of rims and tires or a good winch i may be more intrested. they have yet to get back to me on that. otherwise im going towards the 08

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck Tyler. Just be sure that if you trade in your Polaris, you get a decent price for that.

I'm not sure where you're dealing, but there are some great deals out there to be had. Don't forget to factor in the service dept. when closing the deal. How good the service dept is can speak volumes about the dealershihp.

I agree that EFI is the way to go. All my sleds have it and I've learned there is less maintence, fewer moving parts and quicker starts among other things. I would even go as far to say they are way more reliable IMO. I've had several EFI equiped machines under water and never a problem. I even had an EFI sled under water for 45 min with not a problem. Seems these units are sealed up pretty good!

Carbs are just 2nd best now. Nothing wrong with them.

I'm a little confused as why some say thier Kawi v-twins are so cold bloded?? Mine isn't. A couple minutes of warm up and she's ready to go. 30 seconds of choke when its 20 below and it idles just fine... few min later and I'm ready to go.

I have one main reason for liking EFI. They

are SIMPLE. Turn the key and hit the button!!

Doesn't matter what the conditions are. Carbs

work great for sure. There are trade offs for

both. The carb has a tendency to need maintenence

if the vehicle sits around a lot, or is in some

extreme enviornmental situations. The injected

systems have electrical concerns such as sensors

and fuel delivery situations that may fail.

The EFI on my 08 BruteForce gives a better throttle

response too. So much so, it is noticeable to first-

time riders. They look like a ten year old... all

jerky on the throttle!! It gives the machine, a true

sporty feel.

My guess is that the EFI would get better milage too,

but since I am usually near wide open all the time,

I have not realized that benefit. laugh

Saw that the kawasaki topic was 5 pages deep in the history of the atv thread so i thought i should bump it up!!! smile Anybody with aftermarket exhaust on their kawi??? I purchased the hmf utility series exhaust system for my 650 brute but unfortunately it is backordered so i am very impatiently waiting for it to get here!! Also had to upgrade to 650 jets with the exhaust instead of the stock 550 jets. But I am really excited to get the exhaust on and hear what the ole brute sounds like!!!