• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any Kawasaki riders??

gr8icefishinmind

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way the belt is slipping is if your pulling to much in high range or over reving it in reverse.We have at least 10 brutes in our group and none have had an issue with slippage. When the machine goes into limp mode means the belt has reached replacement time. When a yammy belt get worn out you have no warning and can be left out in the middle of nowhere.That wont happen with a brute.

the one thing nice about the belt system is the ability to clutch it the way you want. Depending on the kind of riding I do on my 08 750 I will swap springs. Overall I think the Kawi belt system is pretty good. This is my first Kawi and I got about 900 miles on it and flawless so far. The limp mode thing is kinda dumb but easy to fix. If you never check you belt then I guess its good. I have had yamaha and suzuki in the past and have had zero issues with there belt system with over 5000 miles on each atv.

You'll get more miles and less troubles with a Yamaha belt than a Kawi or polaris. It's in the belt systems design. I'm not saying you won't get a few thousand miles out of a belt on a Kawi or a popo, you will just have a longer overall belt life on a Yamaha.

When a yammy belt get worn out you have no warning and can be left out in the middle of nowhere.That wont happen with a brute.

when a belt on a yamaha gets worn? Never heard of that happening. I know of guys with 5000 miles on the original belt.

Originally Posted By: stumper
When a yammy belt get worn out you have no warning and can be left out in the middle of nowhere.That wont happen with a brute.

when a belt on a yamaha gets worn? Never heard of that happening. I know of guys with 5000 miles on the original belt.

My original 700 kawi had 7200 miles on its original belt and they were far from easy miles with no problems.

would a high performance belt take care of some of these issues?..i have been looking at selling my 03 sportsman for a new BF 750 also.

It might. Then bottom line is to use a belt driven transmission properly and as you can see, people are getting thousands of miles out of their original belt. Any belt will fail if it's misused.

Low-Range is highly recommended for any slow travel or towing. For speeds above 25 mph, you can go back to Hi-Range.

yea i got like 2,500 outa my polaris belt before the top tore. i always have ours in high though unless im doing something that will work the atv alot like going up a hill, or towing etc.. otherwise mines always been in high gear

no major problems that are anything to worry about. The 2008 is a different machine than the 06 and 07 but still really similar.

Tyler, if you do regular maintenance to your belt, (check it and clean it every so often you wont have any problems). All the brands talked about have an overall really good belt system so I wouldn't worry about having to fix this issue on the brute. From what I have researched and found, the stock belt is the best belt to put on if you have to replace it.

The belt system would be the least of my worries when picking out a machine.

I've heard the same as Paul Coffey. Stock belts have been the best to use.

Before you pull the trigger on a new machine, check around to see what the new belt costs. When I bought my Vinson back in '01, I was told by the dealership that the belt cost around $200. I didn't believe him and searched around and found it to be true. I'm not sure if they've gotten any cheaper.

Suzuki wants way to much money for their belts, or the little plastic fender fasteners. I think a Kingquad belt is a little over $100! shocked I never take my machine apart,inspect the belt, or clean my belt's housing and I have 2400 miles on it with no issues. Kawi or popo may be different though because their belt systems are different from Yamaha's and Suzuki's.

We have 2 08's and an 09 in our group and none have had any issues. AS was said before, stick with the stock belts, its been proven they take more abuse than higher dollar aftermarket belts. There is some serious HP being put down to these clutch systems with very little mods needed to the clutch.

Have not looked at the differences between 07-09 but thats a sweet price for that machine!

04 Prarie 700. 27" Mud Lites, Warn RT30 and engine ice... otherwise all stock. 1800 very hard miles. Plowing, hunting, fishing, and lots of "I can go thru that!" Stuck, sunk, rolled, flipped, jumped and still keeps going. Tons of trailer pulling thru some super ugly trails. Broke 1 front axle but I was asking for that one. Leak on front pinion seal was the only problem but it was warrantied. I'd like EFI but my Prarie runs spot on and even starts on those -40 Babbitt mornings without a problem so I can't complain. Reverse gear could be slightly lower.

I'm on my third belt but have never blown one or had a belt light come on. I'm just hard on belts and can't belive the abuse factory belts can take.

There's bigger and better out there now but I still manage to impress on the 04. Someday I'll upgrade!

You should be able to find a holdover 08 for that price. There is a pretty big difference between the 07's and the 08-09's. The new ones are fuel injected and have better suspension.

I have seen 08's going for 6000. Look a little harder and track one down. After riding both I wouldnt want to buy an 07.