• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any Kawasaki riders??

gr8icefishinmind

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I had mine, I loved it. I had the KFX700. This machine was an absolute riot to ride. There were a couple things I would like to see changed, but overall, I would give this machine an 8 rating out of 10.

I don't have a big machine like most of you guys but mine is adequate for what I do with it.

I have a 1999 Prairie 300 and I really like it. Had no trouble from it that I didn't create myself.

They've made some nice improvements in them since 1999, which I'd like to have such as engine braking, 2wd/4wd selection, front differential lock, and liquid cooling. I've been considering trading up but with the state of the economy right now I've been holding out.

Bob

Mine is a 07 BF 650 and I love it. EFI would be nice but it just adds to things that can go wrong and mine has no problem starting in the cold just needs time to warm up which is common on a V-Twin! I actually like the handling on my kawi although now that I have put a tire kit on it, it tends to shake when driving at speeds between 30-50 and seems to smooth out from 50 to however fast! haha!

Mine is a 07 BF 650 and I love it. EFI would be nice but it just adds to things that can go wrong and mine has no problem starting in the cold just needs time to warm up which is common on a V-Twin! I actually like the handling on my kawi although now that I have put a tire kit on it, it tends to shake when driving at speeds between 30-50 and seems to smooth out from 50 to however fast! haha!

No kawi here, but for your tire shake, get them balanced, if your runnin a lot of roads, then 75 seems like 50

Helped on mine, 14" ss112's with 26" terracross's

My KFX had a wobble in the front left tire. I wrote it off as being a tire defect and not anything to do with the machine.

I jacked up the front, spun the tire and the rim was fine. I did noticed an area on the tire where it seemed as if the sidewall was shorter in one area.

Tie rod ends were tight and no play in the steering.

The KFX came standard with ITP Holeshots. Not really an aggressive tread pattern as compared to the utility machines. I do see what you're saying jltimm. The really aggresive tread patterns like the Mudzillas will have some chatter on hardpack trails.

Not that I'm stating this as fact, but it makes me wonder sometimes if mfgr's will buy factory seconds, unlabeled as such, to use as stock equipment. Thus the reason behind the issue with my sidewall.

I even had the tire taken off the rim and reseated to make sure that wasn't the issue.

I run a 2008 750 Brute. It's fuel injected

and fast as he**. A little side tippy with

the stock tires. A couple things I like with

mine, are the engine braking system, and the

easy engage all wheel drive lockouts. Also

the independant rear suspension is great.I got mine

in Team Kawi green.

Fully adjustable shocks give me an optimum ride,and the

power band is FUN. All other ATV's seem like riding

lawn mowers!! I am able to blast through the snow pretty

well too. I replaced the cheapo plastic skid guards,

with a full length aluminum skid plate and guard set

from Ricochet. It protects the machine, and helps

lift the machine and glide over deeper snow.

2003 prairie 700 here. Perfect for what I do. Push snow/ice fishing. It has a strait axle, so it is by no means plush, but not bad at all for a strait axle. I am so use to it now that when I ride my brother in laws polaris, or my buddies can-am, or any independant rear suspension machine it feels to squishy and soft, not very solid.

Oh, it has tons of power. No efi, so like said above, much baby sitting to get it warmed up when it is cold (below 40 degrees).

It still starts all the time, but you have to baby sit the choke and throttle.

I was really impressed with the pep of the kawi! When I bought new I drove and 750 brute force and a 700 Grizz and the brute hands down had more power. changed my mind pretty fast as I was pretty set on the grizz, even though I bought a 650 instead of a 750 not much difference in power and speed.

I sell the Kawasaki Atv's & Side by Sides, it is one of the nicest machine to sell, usually all it takes is to get the customer to ride one, especially after they have had or riden another brand, kinda sell themselves. I always enjoy throwing someone in a Teryx that has driven a Rhino, not even a comparison! Don't get me wrong Yamaha & the others make very nice machines, but I do like the features of the Kawi better ^& what a great company to work with! [You need Authorization]

I bought my 650 Prairie new in '03, absolutly love that machine, one of the funnest atv's I've ever had, I've got about 2500 - 3000 miles on it now. If I had one complaint it would be the seat, I'm not sure how the BF's are but mine is a bit hard if you ride on trails all day. I know I've mentioned it before on this site but I really liked the 700 engine, not as cold blooded as the 650 I have. I've never had any mechanical issues.

My next one will definetly be a Kawi again.

Mike

The new Brutes have a re-designed seat. This,

combined with the independant rear suspension

make the big bumps and jumps easy to take

on the caboose end of the rider.

What does get sore is one's arms and shoulders,

from throwing a 700lb machine around on the

trails!! It is a good work out for sure.

I have a 2002 prairie 650...and I love it...one thing that needs to be changed is the primary clutch spring and clutch weights...the "factory" ones aren't quite what I want..other than that GREAT machine

I've seen several people have had the limp mode on some Kawi's,belt slippage ect... I just think the belt system on the Yamaha's are the best belt sytem out there IMO.

That limp mode is very easy to reset...and Replacing the clutch spring and weights can get rid of the slippage or at least help with it.