Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Winterizing a Breckenrige Park Trailer

3 posts in this topic

I just bought a new Breckenridge trailer, 44 footer, and I forgot to ask the dealer how you winterize one of these (looking ahead to next year.) Do you blow out the lines somehow or pump in the pink juice like I do on the smaller unit I have now?

Shut off the water and remove and drain the water hose. Drain the water heater. If it's electric there will be a drain under the trailer, probably has a grey cap on it. Close the bypass valves for the water heater, should be three of them close the inlet and outlet valves and open the bypass valve which will be in between them. Open the two drains that are under the trailer near the water inlet fitting and drain the water. Replace the plugs when it quits dripping. I use a hand pump at this point and connect it to the water inlet. Open one faucet at a time and pump the anti-freeze until you see it come out the faucet then close it and open the next one. Do all the faucets including the bathtub. Flush the toilet to remove the water in the tank and tie the float up to shut off the valve. With a plunger push the water out of the toilet bowl and over the trap. You should ahve used about 1 1/2 gal. at this point. Pour about a qt into the toilet tank and let it flow into the bowl. Be sure you have antifreeze in all the traps then pour what's left into the toilet bowl. Been doing mine for 10 years this way.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Meh. Simply pointing out the foolishness of believing a complicit and compliant media.   I can post poll numbers (and have) only to jig up a few bottom feeders..     
    • So is your prediction that Trump will win in spite of the poll numbers?
    • I was waiting for you to play the "pictures or it didn't happen" card. Is it still in play?
    • For the sheep... Leaked podesta email exposes playbook for rigging polls through "Oversamples"..    
    • If so, I hope they were disappointed.
    • I have no idea.  But I am pretty sure the media sponsored polls we see don't either.  Polling has been getting increasingly inaccurate, for a variety of reasons.
    • Prominent Democrat Connected To Clintons Donated $675,000 To Campaign Of Deputy FBI Director's Wife The political organization of Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe, an influential Democrat with longstanding ties to Bill and Hillary Clinton, gave nearly $500,000 to the election campaign of the wife of an official at the Federal Bureau of Investigation who later helped oversee the investigation into Mrs. Clinton’s email use. Oct 24, 2016   Watergate's Bob Woodward: "Clinton Foundation Is Corrupt, It's A Scandal" "Yes, it's corrupt. It's a scandal. And she didn't answer your question at all.... the mixing of speech fees, the Clinton Foundation, and actions by the State Department, which she ran, are all intertwined and it's corrupt. You know, I mean, you can't just say it's unsavory. But there's no formal investigation going on now, and there are outs that they have." Oct 24, 2016   "Drain The Swamp" Donald Trump's latest message is, it's time to drain the "swamp" that he calls Washington. As Martin Armstrong exclaims, this is why the Republican elite stand for Hillary. Term limits and ending lobbying by former government staff would cut too deep into their pockets. Oct 23, 2016       Hillary represents every aspect of crime and corruption in Washington today. How anyone could vote for such a smiley candidate is beyond reason...    
    • Best of wishes Bryce! You got this   buddy reporting absolutely bonkers action up in mid Saskatchewan right now. They're still a long ways away boys
    • Made it out again Saturday. The water had turned but the muskies didn't seem to mind. Found them in similar but different locations (baitfish seem to be patrolling the shallows searching for food). Stuck a small one myself and my brother got a nice 41.5" that was thickening up for fall. A lot of people dragging suckers, and buoys are starting to disappear from the lakes so be careful navigating.
    • Went out and grabbed a trail cam today that I left on a piece of public I haven't hunted before. Bucks showing up around that first 30 min of daylight in the last week or two. Rubs and scrapes are showing up everywhere.
  • Our Sponsors