Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FasterThanYou23

WOW

3 posts in this topic

Heading out in about an hour or so and does ever look nice.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Possible but I'm not sure who owns what patent.
    • For those of you that have not seen this yet. This will be making it's way into my frog box    
    • Have any of you guys tried the Stanley ribbit frogs?  I picked up a couple of packs at my local wally world for a $1 a pack.   On a side note I saw a video of Jacob Wheeler talking about using a buzzbait and putting a biffle bug on it instead of a skirt, he mentioned that they hit it better and hold on to it a little longer since there is some mass there.  I wonder if a zoom horny toad would work for that as well since the biffle bugs are expensive.
    • HAs anyone here used this software to map your lakes?  Has anyone downloaded the lakes that are on the shared cloud?  I have a hook 7 and some of the lakes around have been mapped, it would be nice to download them and use that instead of the other map.
    •   Is that the work around garmin uses to avoid licensing the Lowrance patent?    Or was the patent on something different?
    • I was on private land that I have shot 8 birds in 10 seasons.Over 300 acres of prime land by Caledonia but none in our group of 4 scored this year. Just makes me more excited for next year. Might try the last season but will probably be into fishing by that time. Good Luck to All.....
    • Love the zoom horny toads. Man they can have some vicious blowups. Im a huge fan of buzzbaits so to be able to use this frog like a buzzbait in some thick weeds is awesome.
    • Lilacs are really leafing out here in central MN.  On my few walks through the woods, the mushrooms have been few and far between: No more scarlet cups, no pheasant backs, no oysters. I haven't went to my morel spots because there's no hurry and I don't want to trample them, but I doubt they're up very far around here if the pheasant backs haven't even fruited. I'll be back out today before the rain checking on things, though. 
    •   Just stating the facts as they stand Bear.  You listen or read at all what the national NHL analysts are saying/writing about the Wild's present/recent past/future?  I've said before I love your postivity and I'm glad too that MN has an NHL team. Spin is required to hide the facts, spin is needed to turn what is not good and make it sound good, spin is needed to make it sound like you are doing your job well when in fact we are no closer than we were 3-4 years ago.  Seriously....any chump could have improved the team from what it was when Fletch took over...you and I could have done that. If you just look inside the box, wow we are much improved; but if you look outside the box and compare yourself to the rest of the league you realize we really have not climbed the ladder very much...16th, 15th, 14th, 13th, 12th, 11th, 10th in the NHL does not cut it for me...for you it does and thus our differences and our ability to argue/discuss this back and forth.
    • Your best angle of attack should come like this: Do you need to control your trolling motor with your sonar? if so you have 2 choices. Lowrance uses motor guide and H-bird goes with Minnkota. If that is not a requirement than the field is wide open. IMO don't go with a screen smaller than 9" with side imaging there is so much detail that its hard to see on a 7" screen. I'd stay away from garmin or any unit that doesn't have a true down scan ducer that uses software to produce a down scan image there is just too much stuff lost without it.   
  • Our Sponsors