• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ottertail

Clamhead

Well guys and gals, i want to come up with the old man and brothers to spend some money. I was thinking ottertail opener or the week after. Your expertise on lodging? Or should we go to a whole different lake. Your opinions would be appreciated! Thanks in advance, the clamhead

I always love going to Ottertail. Never gotten skunked or had bad fishing there. I have always stayed with a freind on the lake but I know there are plenty of good resorts there too. Maybe give the Ottertail forum a shot, they had some recomendations for resorts on there last week.

I think that would be a great place to fish. Lots of Big fish on that lake right now and then a nice bunch of eater size 17 or 18 inch fish. THis would be a great place for the family to get away! Far enough away from the cities yet not to far. If Ottertail isnt going people go to Walker or Rush.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, dont be afraid of the river either. The last time I was up there for opener that was the hot ticket. Like the others said too, some of the smaller lakes heat up first. It is a good place for a basecamp though. Tons of places in the area that are awesome too.