Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tisosy11

Basement to Finish

5 posts in this topic

My basement is cinder block wall. Pretty standard I think. The problem that I have is the fact that I have hot water baseboard heat installed and poured into the floor.

I'd rather not go through the hastle of breaking everything out of the concrete to put in stud walls.

Does anyone know of any other options out there for me? A thinner wall system or something?

It should only take some copper fittings to extend it past a 2X4 wall.A 90 elbow,short pipe and connection.

Not sure what your codes are up there, personaly I don't like putting anything against the block due to moisture transfer. Could always just paint the block but any electrical you would run would have to be exposed conduit.

If possible you could do a 2x4 wall but end it short of the baseboard heat or like already stated have it moved out after you put in a new 2x4 wall. Alot will depend on what code allows you, I know here thats pretty open since we don't have all that.

when was the baseboard installed? did they use plastic tubing or is it copper? It is really easy to extend out with either type. I would go with the full 2x4 to make your electrical and insulation easier.