• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Venison Marinade

1/3 Italian Dressing, 1/3 Soy Sauce, 1/3 Worchestire Sauce. Marinade overnight. Grill to Medium rare. Eat warm. You will be able to cut the meat with a fork. make sure you cut all the talo off the meat.

Personally i find some italian dressings a bit strong for venison, so experiment and find one that works

My standard is enough soy sauce to cover the meat, 1/4 cup worcestshire, a couple cloves of garlic, and a little brown sugar and some lemon juice.

You can also add some bourbon for a little extra kick smile

The best marinade I have every used was the packets of McCormick GrillMates. Try the cajun and you wont be disappointed. These are 30 minute marinades, but I usually marinade for at least 2 hours. I have left them overnight and it is as tender as prime rib, no knife needed at all.

For backstrap section...McCormick Grillmate packet in montreal steak..marinade for however long you choose...wrap strap in bacon and grill to medium rare...let settle and imo fantastic!! I would also trust this method with individual steaks.

Here is a marinade I have used for years now. It will work for any venison cut, or any meat for that matter. I use this and my wife, who would not eat venison, has me grilling all the time. This is great for those who don't like the game taste!

1/4 cup worcestershire

1/4 cup olive oil

1/4 cup soy sauce

2 Tbs ketchup

1 Tbs lemon juice

1 Tbs red wine vinegar

1/4 tsp ground ginger

1/4 tsp garlic powder

Mix together and add meat. Let sit in refrigerator covered for 12-24 hours.

Enjoy!

One of the guys used this recipe for their Antelope Backstrap and rally liked it. The results are back a couple of pages from this one if you want to read it.

3tbs. Dijon Mustard

1tsp. Olive oil

1tsp ground pepper

4tbsps. Balsamic Vinegar

3-Tbsps. Orange Juice

3-4 cloves crushed garlic.

Mix all ingredirnts well out your backstrap(s) in a gallon sized zip loc bag and pour the marinade in. Make sure meat is covered well, swueeze any air out of the bag as you zip it up.

Grill med-rare and enjoy.

Lots of responses on the marinade. I'm sure they're all good. As far as keeping those steaks tender? DO NOT OVERCOOK. Medium to medium rare is the most you ever want to cook venison. Anything beyond that is why so many people don't care for it.