• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

how do you like your hummingbird ice??

Tyler23

I have an ICE-35 and I love it. I have been out a 6-8 times with it this year after I replaced my Vexilar. It has been a great purchase for me. For the money it is great also. With the dual-band transducer and the movable zoom it has more features than the FL-8 or 12. A buddy of mine has the ICE-45 and he loves it too. If I had the extra money I would have bought the 45, but the 35 is done me great.

I have the Ice35 and like it.

Two of my favorite things about it are it's much quieter than my old vex and absolutely no interference problems, even in the middle of a fishing contest area.

I just used a my new 35 for the 1st time today.(actually got for my son and a backup) I like my FL20 better but the 35 is a nice unit, did have some interference with the Bird when both units were first used in the shack this morning but one click of noise button cleared it right up. It is also a little quieter than the vex and still had just under 75% battery left after close to 10 hours run time. Hopefully they prove to be reliable over the long run.

Thats a good review dtro, I think humminbird is onto something with that ice55. It may be my upgrade for next year. I have always waited till the second year of production for something new like that, but it has been hard to hold off with how good these ones looked.

One thing I really like with the 55 is the 6 colors and the blue. It is so easy on ones eyes to watch the flasher. I was fishing with a friend this evening and he had his wife along. She lloked at the flasher and said that she could really like it wqith the softer lighting.

With no interference, its very easy to set and adjust if needed.

One question. The LX-5 claims "target separation" of 3/4 of an inch. The FL-20 claims "target id" of 1/2 of an inch. But now the Humminbird HSOforum only claims "target separation" of 2 and a 1/2 inches. Is the separation really that bad on the Humminbirds? I was thinking of upgrading to a 45 or 55, but not if I'm going to go backwards in accuracy.

One question. The LX-5 claims "target separation" of 3/4 of an inch. The FL-20 claims "target id" of 1/2 of an inch. But now the Humminbird HSOforum only claims "target separation" of 2 and a 1/2 inches. Is the separation really that bad on the Humminbirds? I was thinking of upgrading to a 45 or 55, but not if I'm going to go backwards in accuracy.

whats target separation? or target id?

I have an Ice 45 and think its great. It has a huge screen so you can see it from pretty far away. And since its on a totally diffent freqency that Marcums and Vex, you never have to worry about interference. This coupled with the zoom feature and dual transducers makes it even better. I know the Ice 45 is on sale right now at local sporting goods store named after a duck. I think you have to buy it online though.