• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mr. Heater Buddy big enough?

jt24

Question

I am building a 6.5x12 fish house and I was wondering if these heaters are big enough? Gonna have the house completely insulated. I just dont want to not have enough heat when it gets 20 below. Thanks for the info!

4 answers to this question

I think that would be a little too small for a house that size, even if it is insulated.
Might want to go with a Lazer heater or something with more output.
I have a Buddy and LOVE it, but it is just to take the chill off in my portables, I do not think it would heat up a bigger house quickly enough or even enough. You would be happier with a bigger heater, in my opinion.

Just buy 2 Buddies, the combined output of 18,000 BTUs will be more than enough heat and when you've got it warmed up just shut down one, or turn them both on low. Also, with the Buddy you won't have to worry about monoxide. Finally, 2 Buddies cost the same or less than a single vent free 20,000 BTU wall unit, plus you can use either or both in the house or garage in an emergency.
Polar Bear

Fleet has two ventless propane heaters, one for $119 and one for $129, either of theses would heat you're shack just fine and would heat fasster then the Buddies.

------------------
Have a good one!
CWMN

I have the smaller one of the heaters that CWMN mentioned in my 8x12 shack & it is great it heats up in a matter of minutes while your out drilling tip-up holes & has a pilot light for when it gets to warm. I have it mounted on one end of the shack & have never had a problem with the holes on the other end freezing up or the shack being to cold usually stays about 70-80 degrees in the shack.

Just my .02

Chris