• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Canvas Craft

fishingmedic

I am needing to replace my canvas on my old green otter and at the ice show looked at the canvas craft, looked good. I then pulled up the web site and looked at the all the docs. Looks like good stuff. Next part I would like to hear from people that have gone with the insulated to see how easy it was to install and what they think about it. For the cost one can go out and buy a brand new shack so I need to know that this stuff is worth it. Please let me know your opinions. If you would rather email me my address is [email protected]

Thanks guys

I purchased the insulated shack from CC about 3 weeks ago. I fished Mille Lacs for those 5 or 6 days 2 weeks ago. I never had the sunflower above low. This is an amazing house. I figure I might pay for it in propane savings in a couple of years. On days like we've had recently it warms up enough to keep the holes open without firing up the heater. I LOVE it.

The insulated Canvas Craft portable is a great choice. The white inside is also very helpful in lighting it up. There are many days when I don't need to turn the heater on as the body heat will stay inside if you do a little banking around the house.

If your looking at putting a CC cover on a Otter portable, you will I believe need to change to their poles also.

They only have a few at any given time. They had yo make mine for my Otter. It only took 2 days to have it in hand. No big deal. The poles come with it. You'll want to get the poles with the new tent. They are heavy conduit and work much better than the old round Otter poles.(I think the round Otter poles fit the Canvas Craft tents- CC made the original tents for Otter)