Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishingmedic

Canvas Craft

6 posts in this topic

I am needing to replace my canvas on my old green otter and at the ice show looked at the canvas craft, looked good. I then pulled up the web site and looked at the all the docs. Looks like good stuff. Next part I would like to hear from people that have gone with the insulated to see how easy it was to install and what they think about it. For the cost one can go out and buy a brand new shack so I need to know that this stuff is worth it. Please let me know your opinions. If you would rather email me my address is maccj@mchsi.com

Thanks guys

I purchased the insulated shack from CC about 3 weeks ago. I fished Mille Lacs for those 5 or 6 days 2 weeks ago. I never had the sunflower above low. This is an amazing house. I figure I might pay for it in propane savings in a couple of years. On days like we've had recently it warms up enough to keep the holes open without firing up the heater. I LOVE it.

The insulated Canvas Craft portable is a great choice. The white inside is also very helpful in lighting it up. There are many days when I don't need to turn the heater on as the body heat will stay inside if you do a little banking around the house.

If your looking at putting a CC cover on a Otter portable, you will I believe need to change to their poles also.

The extra money you pay for going with an insulated portable is well worth it.The material never frosts up.Late season you can also get a good deal now.

They only have a few at any given time. They had yo make mine for my Otter. It only took 2 days to have it in hand. No big deal. The poles come with it. You'll want to get the poles with the new tent. They are heavy conduit and work much better than the old round Otter poles.(I think the round Otter poles fit the Canvas Craft tents- CC made the original tents for Otter)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Moved my fan today  cut heat up time in half very noticeable improvement 
    • Well, she's still right, you know..
    • Went out pheasant hunting today and ran into a trapper setting 330s along a creek for beaver .  I'm not much into trapping but know how these things work, and after having a civilized conversation with him his were all in the water and he let know where they were located so at least the pooch wouldn't get his leg caught in it. don't feel bad, he hasn't caught much either . 
    • That may be, but it sounds a lot like "I didn't get a job" butthurt.  That grifter would be singing the praises of Trump's genius if she was on the payroll.   Eh, why not?  When they aren't taking credit for things they had nothing to do with, they are taking blame for things they had nothing to do with. Pence is still the governor of Indiana
    • sounds like from animals that eat meat. 
    • Huh?  Sorry,  I should have known better.
    • Great idea, have you looked into what it would take? 
    • I think what fish meant was it might not hurt to allow more than 60 days for a season in states like MN.   When the birds are late we can still have a chance at the northern birds.  If freeze up and the flights are early, the longer season won't matter.  There won't be much if anything to shoot.   I get what you're saying about lengthening the gap, but that's a roll of the dice since we have little chance of knowing when freeze up will get those late birds moving.  How long do you make the gap?   After a year in my new area of the state I can adjust my expectations and chase more wisely next year.  This year I was anticipating much better.  I think that's the worst part - the big push being the big let down.
    • Wool socks are a must, they insulate even if wet. Cotton socks in any warm boot will make your feet cold. The warmth of the boot while you are active make your feet sweat. I have the LaCross Iceman from a couple decades ago, still no need to go buy something different.
    • Some wild meat can have trichinosis.  Domestic pork no longer has it. I'm pretty sure that venison doesn't have a parasite issue.
  • Our Sponsors