• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

So I know its early but......

Here-Kitty-Kitty

So when are we going to do the get together, and are we going to do more then one or not. I do have to say it was a blast last year. Little [PoorWordUsage] that my buddy started puking and wimped out and wanted his mommy. Oh and that potato gun was awesome, never seen a potato go through wood like that.

Ace, I prefer a Med/Heavy fiberglass rod. I’ve never been a real big fan of Graphite for heavy duty utility work. Sensitivity and weight, they cannot be beat, but for everyday banging around, lifting heavy fish, and sitting in a rod holder, I prefer the glass.

I catch a lot of flack for it too, but I try to stick with the white colored rods. Probably over half the time spent on the water is during low visibility or dark conditions and I’m a rod watcher, so why not make them as easy to see as possible.

I haven’t found a rod yet that makes me want to get rid of my Surge Trophy Series rods, but I think the Glowsticks are a great affordable rod, and I was impressed by the new Team Catfish rods I checked out at Moore’s the last time I was there.

I hear the E-Cat is making a return as well, but it’s the wrong color for me wink

I second the glass recomendation.

I am not a pro like Dtro or anything, and I don't want to spend the money for a really nice rod when a $30 glowstick works just fine. I have a MH glowstick and love it. Only turn the glow on for good luck though.

You catch flak for the white rods? Catfishing and white rods go together like PB&J, they should change the regs so white rods are required for catfishin'

On a side note what rods do you guys like to use and why.

I haven't used one yet but I've had my eye on a few different models of Catfish Safari rods for awhile now. The action of the "flathead" rod is very, very nice!

The Berkley E-Cat is supposed to be making a comeback this year. For fishing around these parts, the #3 E-Cat is going to be a beauty!

So far I have picked out a 8' berkley glow stick and a Okuma avenger50 baitfeeder to go along with my WHITE 7' rod with a Okuma avenger40 baitfeeded. Should be a decent set up for channels and flat. I'm going to pick p one of those Hummingbird smart cast this year, I fiqured since most of my fishing is done from shore it would be nice to see where I'm fishing. So who is changing lines this year I heard a lot about PP last year. I used it last year and never had any problems with it.

Let us know how that Smartcast works. I’ve always wondered in dirty fast current how well they would work. I would think it would be a big help for shore fisherman to know where the break is at. You can usually tell by looking at the river bank and how the current breaks, but there are plenty of spots that still surprise you, especially the way it changes from year to year.

I'm going to stick with the Suffix line for another year or until it starts snapping like the PP was. mad

I still think PP is good line, but think it's very important to pay close attention to any wear or nicks.

I picked up a guide series muskie rod and one of their barrel bait casters ( when they still had them.) I love the fact that if anything does go wrong with either I just bring it to gander and they replace it with the newest models thats the closest that they have. It's been two years that I've been using that set up and man its still working like it was new. I also love my heavy action ugly stick. It has some play in it but not to much, enough to be sensitive to the kitty's feelings. Or for channels I can't beat the mh action ugly stick.

On onto the gathering. It was a slow night well for the time I was there. Did anyone pull in anything. Hopefully that log jam wont be there, knowing full well that it with is there another launch just south of there. Or are we going to try for a different spot.

I love my MH Ugly Stick and MH Rhino Indestructible Glow Tip rod. They have actually done tests where they shoot many different brand rods out of a cannon at 200 MPH at a wall. The Rhino Indestructible Glow Tip rod was the ONLY ONE that bounced off the wall. All others splintered or shattered. They say it's this way because of the combination of the outer E-Glass shell and some strong inner core, but I can't remember what that inner core is called exactly. Regardless, I love them. They are all I need to catch just about any fish in my river. Fish On !!!

Depending on the river level I like fishing the bloomington side but your not suppose to be there past a 1/2 hour after sunset. I was on that side most of the spring and only got on ticket. Guys with trailer never get ticketed. Maybe I need to buy a cheap trail just to take with. I might also try leaving telling about were I will and a number they can reach me at if it's a problem. There have been problems down there in past years but it's getting better. I will let ya know.

Ya I have quit a few buddies that work for the local PD. They have had alot of problems with toe tappers and drug trafficking. I still think that they are going to ticket you whether or not you leave your name and number. Otherwise Park down under the Cedar bridge and walk that a crossed. There is some great fishing over there as well.