Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
JigginIsLife

best 3-4 day ride

looking for either an earlier spring or preferably late summer 3-4 day ride somewhere. starting in fargo could lead from here to duluth over into wisconson or michigan or possibly the other way through ND to montana or SW to like nebraska or colorado( i think i can make it that far is 3-4 maybe 5 days. anyone have any expirence in going in any of these directions.

We went over into WI last year and rode up to Superior WI on that side of the river. Crossed over to the MN side at Duluth and continued on up the North shore. Was a nice ride! If you go then stop at every other thing you want to see on the way up that way you can stop at every other thing on the way back down and you will see them all. We went kinda late in the year, end of Sept or first part of Oct, and it does get chilly up there that time of the year! We want to get our passports and then drive up and circle the entire lake up through Canada. Being late in the year we did not make any reservations and for the most part had little trouble finding a room the whole time we were up there.

Another ride that I want to do is ride out to the Terry Redlin art center in Watertown SD. There must be some other things to do in that state as well ;-) Take care and N JOy the Hunt././Jimbo

A friend and I did the four corners of the state of Minnesota last summer. We started in south central Minnesota. Went to the southwest corner (Hills) then up hwy 75 to the northwest corner (Noyes). Over to Roseau where we spent the first night(618 miles the first day, all on 2 lane roads) Woke up the next morning to hail bouncing of the window of our motel room. We rode in between two thunderstorms most of the second day. We got wet a few times, and it was pretty cold (It stayed around 40-45 degrees) went through Intl. Falls, to Ely, Then down to the north shore. We wanted to get up to Grand Portage, then back down to Grand Marais before we stopped, but when we hit Grand Marais we were so cold that we stopped for the night. The next morning we went up to Grand Portage, then back down to Duluth for lunch at Grandma's Saloon. Down along the river to Red Wing. Spent the third night there. The next morning, we continued along the river to the southeast corner (New Albin Iowa Which is almost right on the border)over to Eitzen, through Caladonia, Lansboro etc. along the Root River (Awesome ride) Then back home to Fairmont by 3:00 P.M.

Total of 1695 miles. in four days. We didn't stop a to see many sights. We wanted to keep moving. This was an incredible trip. One of the best of my life. It was amazing to see how much the landscape changed as we rode. We are planning another trip for this summer, but we are not sure which way to go yet.

Good luck, and ride safe.

Sheesh Determan, that is an Iron Butt cruise! A lot of miles for sure! We went to the north shore late summer as well... gets chilly up there early! Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

uffda no kidding the northshore sounds like such a great ride. so does the ride up into winnepeg and then down over by superior and back over on 2. thanks for the ideas guys i cant wait to hit the road again.

Think about leaving Fargo and heading up to Winnipeg Manitoba and then across through Canada to Thunder Bay Ontario. Then down the North Shore of Lake Superior to Duluth and back along highway 2 or 210 to Fargo.

If I were you I'd go East at Drayton, go to Baudette, then North through Nestor Falls to Kenora. Alot better scenery then the Winnipeg bypass. However if you ever get close to Steinbach, Manitoba you have to stop in at the Honda dealership at the North end of town and take a look at their Vintage bike collection. It's pretty impressive.