• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone else using berkely crappie nibbles?

mule

I just tried these for the first time early this ice season. I buy the pink ones and have had nothing but good luck. Ive tried crappie minnows, waxies, and finesse but nothing seems to attract the fish like this stuff. any one else having the same experience?

I use the sparkle nibbles in the spring and summer and they're incredibly effective. But in winter I don't think they dissolve as well in the cold water and there's less scent dispersion. I've tried them in winter but with only so so results.

I always have them with me, every now and then the fish will bite them and nothing else. They disolve very well in cold water, they really make a cloud when put in the water. Reminds me of a good story, about 4-5 years ago a friend of mine had been ice fishing for a few hours in a well known crappie lake and were marking tons of fish on the flasher. We couldn't buy a bite in the 2 hours we had been there throwing every jig and bait comination known to man at them. Then my buddy pulls a jar out of his tackle box and says I suppose we can try these crappie nibbles. We both laughed like it was some kind of joke. Don't ya know he puts one and immediatly catches a fish, then percedes to catch another fish. I ended up giving in to live bait and tried one and immediatly caught a fish. They really worked that day and we used them with excellent success for about a month straight. I havn't had as good success with them lately but I always have them with me because you never know when they might be worth a try.

My buddy pulled these out one time and I laughed at him because they were the silver ones. I thought it was another gimmick. He started catching fishing so I switched over. That was in the fall. I have tried them in the winter and haven't caught anything yet.

i bought some nibbles the other day, and used them for the first time last Saturday or Sunday, we had a lot of fish come in to look, and got a few bites but no fish on the ice. we were in a bad spot with lots of traffic so every time a fish came up on the vex a car would drive by and they would go back down. o and rite after we got done setting up someone drill holes with in fifteen feet of us and set up. some people... planning on trying them more

I used them a few years ago. They are a little messy, and I always got glitter all over my face, but results were good. I'll have to buy another jar to have around...backup just in case nothing else is working. I hear if you pop them in little tube jigs will increase your chances.