• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Finally...a nice crappie

kitchy

Well, after pulling about 20+ tiny panfish through the ice today I finally landed this pig. A personal best about 14". I let it lay on the ice for a couple of minutes as I contemplated its fate. In all my excitement I picked it up and almost started over to another group fishing so I could show off my prize. I quickly regained my composure and decided that somebody else (including me) needed the opportunity to catch him again. So back down the hole he went. For those interested, I started using waxies, then minnows, and finally caught this on a bloodworm jig. He came off the bottom in about 25 FOW. Marked a bunch from about 6-20' down but they were all dinks. I didn't check the time but I'm guessing it was around 5-5:30pm. By the way, what a beutiful day to be on the ice today. I'll be our again this weekend. Love to hole-hop on these nice days. I definately getting the itch for some late ice perch.

P.S. I'm going to take a shot a posting a picture but I haven't done it before. Hope it works.

img060qw3.jpg

you should never let a fish lay on the ice or out of water for any amount of time over the catch pic release or into the bucket.

There is always one Jesse Drummer in the crowd smirkgrin

Nice crappie kitchy smile

Originally Posted By: Jesse Drummer
you should never let a fish lay on the ice or out of water for any amount of time over the catch pic release or into the bucket.

There is always one Jesse Drummer in the crowd smirkgrin

Nice crappie kitchy smile

Yeah whats up with that, Take the Guys thunder away by criticizing him. Not cool... Kudos on the release. I'd take the pic and get a graphite made.

can't c the pic but congrats on a nice crappie.......it is funny you get critisized for laying it on the ice and then releasing it giving it a chance to survive but no one might have said a thing if you just kept it and made a meal out of it.....again congrats and good for you on the release!!!

Nice crappie! im still waiting for my 14"+...

I dont think Jesse D was too harsh or anything just pointing out that the quicker you get the fish back the better.

Probably True, but you just get some people that want to be the one thats sounds Knowledgable.

I'm sure he meant no harm, but I think it didn't need to be said period.

Just like those that are so quick to let someone know they posted their thread in the wrong topic area. You know what I mean?

Let the Mods do the work, thats why they are Mods