• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dog throwing up

surfs

Lets start off by stating that my dog is going to the vet today for x rays. However the issue is the my dog has been throwing up everything she eats for the past three days. She is acting totally normal and is the typical lab when it comes to food. She does the dance everytime its feeding time but then three to four hours later up it comes. I've reduced the amount to 1/4 of a cup but that didn't work either. All she is throwing up is her food, no other "things" or the yellow bile, just her food. Anybody have similar experience? She just won't keep anything down but wants to constantly eat and play. Thanks.

My dog had the exact same thing this fall. Unfortunately, it went on for 3 months and she didn't make it. The vets couldnt figure anything out. 8yr old yellow lab. We thought maybe lead poisoning from tainted dog food maybe? Your story sounds pretty similar to what we saw. She acted normal, even went out a few times grouse hunting with me. But in the last few days you could really see her fade.

The only thing she could keep down were fried eggs and toast. Not sure what else you've tried.

Well got her back from the vet last week and so far so good. Although the Vet never found anything wrong as the tests were all negative. I did stop feeding her the Nutrisource and have her on soft food. She is still eating like a horse and drink water like she should. So in the end, I'm not sure what she had or has but she's keeping her food down and doing her thing. I'm hoping everything is for the better now but obviously if not, I'm glad the U of M isn't to far and I'm very fimilar with how they do things, fingers crossed!

Very sorry for your loss Augie...I was almost there once and I really don't want to ever be there!! It's unfortuante that we can never say never though~

Just got done with the exact same scenario. Dog is acting normal, wants to eat. My dog would eat and then drink some water. Usually within 15 minutes he is throwing up. Cleaned the water dish thinking maybe bacteria or something, same thing happened. Usually feed two times per day, I increased that to three but spread throughout the day. Seemed to help. The throwing up went on for about a week or better, and now it hasn't happened again.

Poor dog, he would look at you after throwing up like he had done something terribly wrong...not his fault...even though a couple times it was on the carpet! He's been fine since. Weird.

I'm just hoping there isn't anything wrong with the food as in the past. It does seem strange that they are doing this but change it up a bit and they get back to normal. Makes you wonder if by feeding a dog the same food for many years if it actually does something to the GI system at one point or another. Obviously I am not a vet but the human body can and does do miraculous things without medicine. We as humans do and always eat different types of food...something doesn't agree with us, we tend not to eat it again but with dog or pets in general...there tends not to be a whole ton of healthy options. At times one wishes he/she could read the pets mind to a tee to find out what is wrong before it becomes to late. Very tough being a pet owner at times.

Very glad your pup is better. I know that I'm going to keep her on the vet recommended GI soft food for awhile...just a bland type of soft food with beef and rice. She eats it like it's her last meal still, my little moose!