Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishandshroom

When does Walleye and Northern close?

14 posts in this topic

So how does it work that it says spearing for pike is over on the last Sunday in Feb.??

Does it mean that its done on 2-22-09 or 2-28-09??

Dark House Spearing Season 11/15/08 - 02/22/09

The 28th is a Saturday, so I'd say the 22nd is the last Sunday in February.

Ok now that I looked closer at the 28th it is a Sat.

But thanks for the clarification guys!

Mar 31st .Personally I would never trust what is written on a fishing forum regarding regs and I highly doubt his honour would either if you used FM as a source for your defense.

TD

Clarification please. Walleye season is open through 2-22-09, meaning the season closes at 12:ooam on 2-23-09 for walleyes?

Or does it close at 12:00am on 2-22-09?

Thanks

Clarification please. Walleye season is open through 2-22-09, meaning the season closes at 12:ooam on 2-23-09 for walleyes?

Or does it close at 12:00am on 2-22-09?

Thanks

2/22/09 11:59 pm But I see you are in wisconsin and there last day is March 1 11:59 pm

I think Now I got a head ache from thinking

Croix,

Sorry I was asking about MN inland. I can fish walleye 365 days a year on the WI river, here in central WI.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Thanks guys!   Any chance you have a brand, model or picture of these? I think I get what you are saying just haven't seen them before.
    • Sent you a long-winded PM... you been out on Lac qui Parle at all?
    • What I have ben enjoying is watching the fourth line on the ice and sometimes they are the best line out there. Playing late in games and giving the top two lines a rest may not seem like a  big deal now but come crunch time that rest just might make the difference. I picked the right time to put the cable back in I think I have only missed one Wild game this season plus I am watching a lot of umd hockey!  As for Sutter I think he is having a banner year, great plus/minus rating. he is scoring a few goals which is another plus and in the Chicago game when he traded sides of the ice with his d partner he pretty much shutdown a tiring Kane. Best time to watch Wild hockey is halfway through the game, they seem to find another level to play at.
    • 23 IN THE BOAT HERE ON HIDDEN BAY again today. Sunshine Ray’s extended forecast is calling for rising temps and sunshine every other day. This would give us a warm melt for the snow that has gathered on roofs and the Lodge should get busy. I can see a lot of fishermen out on the ice and more then a few will be taking off time from work to get out there. As a mater of fact I am at the Lodge this morning. Was feeling pretty good with lots of energy so I thought I would come in and do some ordering and touch base with some of our suppliers who make daytime deliveries.   First thing I noticed when the wife dropped me off was a couple of old lawn mowers outside. When I came in I found Tiny working on a small carburetor. I had to talk to him and I found out that somehow we, the Lodge have become a drop off spot for old, gently used lawn mowers. I then remembered the tongue in cheek commercial I had made a few weeks ago. Looks like someone was listening and dumped their junk on us. Tiny did say he thinks he can take the parts from the two and get one running. The Lodge needs a push mower so maybe this will work out afterwards. Tiny also mentioned that someone dropped off a case of thirty weight oil, Gus took that he said.   Luge run is up and running, with all the snow we received last week and the use of Nytelyter front end loader a run was built. With a sunny day followed by a cloudy day we should be able to ice it down and it will last the rest of winter. Well Skinny and Hammering Hank will be doing that. I did get word from Ranger Rick that he had an accident yesterday and will be laid up a few days. He was out checking on the trails at Samantha Lake when he slid the Ranger he was driving down a hill and hit a tree. He cracked the windshield with his head and hit the tree with his hip or part of the Ranger. He is suppose to go see Dock Berrium today but is dragging his feet and everything else trying to get out of bed. The pine tree is still down on Trappers Trail but a detour has been put in around it. Ranger Rick was headed to the tree and the chain saw and other stuff might have been part of the balance problem with the Ranger.   Christmas tree drive is done here at the Lodge. Not as many trees collected as last year but they have all been taken to the Resort to be disposed of. Actually they will be tied in bundles, weighted down and dropped into the bay come spring melt out. Elmer and DOC and Vic will do it and will keep their new crappie spots a secret. Of course if you want to find out where they are all you need do is take a ride in Vic’s mail boat and check the seats. He writes down all his good fishing spots in pencil on his wood bench seats because he does not know how to read them on his handheld GPS unit. The idea of drifting over some of the brush piles sounds like a good idea about now.   Forty may happen on Thursday which is a lot better then minus 20 I will have a day spent at the hospital doing tests. Last years tests are now all bench marks and I have to repeat them now a year latter to see how much damage has been done. Hoping I come out pretty good but I have a lot of work to do before fishing season comes this year. Launching a boat by myself may not be something I can do till late in the season but I sure would like to ride along with Chuck come June. So from a cloudy day here at the Lodge at Lake Iwanttobethere
    • They make a rail that when it slides closed it drops about 1/4". I have these and they are nice for driving down the road but my 3 and 5 year olds can't open them up!   For the doors, I used an rv type style clip. To open you have to push in and then they pop open.
    • I can't imagine a worse job on earth than trying to wrangle a house full of 2-4 year olds with a baby or 2 thrown in for an added challenge...but thankfully someone wants to do it.   Around here the absolute lowest I've seen at an in home day care was $140/week and that was for any age, price didn't change based on age.  $175 is pretty common (again no price change for different ages, my 3 year old and 8 month old cost the same) but have seen it up as high as $225 and all of them were basically at capacity. When you get into day care centers they you can be looking at $300-400/week and the price does go up for infants and babies.    It seems a lot of people get into doing day care when they have their own kids.  They stay home with them to save daycare costs and then bring in other kids to bring in some income and then it goes from there.  Ends up being a pretty decent solution as long as the other person can find a job that provides the benefits. 
      If she does do in home day care just make sure to keep that in mind when buying a new house.  A friends wife does daycare out of their house and he hated their old house because the house layout required daycare to essentially be in the middle of their main living area so he'd come home from work and be in the middle of day care trying to relax with a beer. They ended up moving so that they could get a house that had a good basement set up for a daycare so they could more or less contain it to one area and not let it infiltrate the rest of the house.    
    • Tons of fish on Mille Lacs. LOL right. Must had a lot of people with u for a ton on Mille Lacs.    
    • Up here its not that much but at a home daycare you are still looking at 120 for a toddler 150 for an infant... This way we can save 1700 bucks a month! plus make a few dollars on top.. She was a teacher in a daycare while attending school.. She has a knack for a bunch of kids.. Me not so much. Thanks for the advice nofish!
    • It's that time of year again. Bassmaster Fantasy fishing started up today. I created a group again named HSO Bass. Password: mnbass Feel free to join. 
  • Our Sponsors