Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mark Christianson

ATV plows

8 posts in this topic

I need a plow for a Grizzly 450.

Several options out there.

I know I want a 60 inch.

But what brand? Any set ups better than others for easy connect?

I dont need a state plow. Just want a standard 60 inch.

I did some googles but didnt seem to narrow my search much.

And how much for a complete set up.

PS - using the winch, so no hand lever needed.

having a winch already will save you some coin. I'm guessing that purchasing the mount and a 60" plow will run you between $500-750, depending on brand. Cycle Country and the Moose brands are 2 of the most common.

Go visit that accessory place in Big Lake on the east end of town. They have what you need. I think they carry Cycle Country and all the mounts. My kid got one there for his Kodiak. Works good.

R-cky Mo-nt-in atv online has a great price on Tusk plows (same as American Eagle). I had one of these and broke it several times, I now have a Moose and have broke that one also.Both are made in MN (Isanti and Cambridge) Both are good plows. I had problems with poor welds, and I plow ALOT. The Yamaha,Honda, Suzuki dealer in Cambridge can get you either of these plows. Den-is k-rk is another one, they are in Rush City.

You'll get what you pay for with a plow. If you buy a cheaper one, you'll probably regret it when they break. Spend the bucks and get a Cycle Country, you'll never have to worry about it and it won't break. I've used mine for 4 years (plow a bunch) and haven't had to do anything to it. All you'll need is the pushtubes and the plow itself. Pushtubes attach to the wheeler with 2 pins, just takes a few seconds to attach.

I went with a cylcle country, just had it installed this winter, very pleased with it. I went with a 56'' hand lift, ended up droppin 750 bucks but well worth it my opinion, have been using it a lot this winter! Easy attach and detaching, i reccommend cycle country.

I bought a 60 inch Country Plow by American Eagle in Isanti and love the thing. I had a smaller Polaris one on my first 4 wheeler which was OK but this thing moves the snow. I had a winch already so the whole set up cost me $500

I have a Warn on mine as it was ordered in the package deal for our big bear . It's in it's second season of plowing and did grader duty last summer and so far I have no issue with it . I think it's a 54 inch . To tell you the truth though I haven't looked at any other brand but will in the future just to see if their are differences .

TD