Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ride_Red

A Bit of Help

10 posts in this topic

Is there anyone willing to let me email a lake map to them so you could mark some spots to find some walleye's this time of year. Or perch or gills, I would like to get a better understanding of how to read lake maps and where to start searching fish out on lakes I never been on. I have the pic in paint so one could just put some "x" or dots on where to drill some holes...

Thanks

is it just the dnr map or is it actully a lake map?

it is an actual map of the lake. with depth lines

It would be fun to post it here, so we can all learn a little.

I'll take a look at the lake too. my email is at the bottom

Gee, I have some friends in Crystal Falls. They make rustic furniture, if you know them say hi for me. His name is Mark

Ride Red, depending on oxygen levels in the lake and water clarity, I would fish anywhere from 15-35 feet of water on the West half of the lake near sharp breaklines, inside and outside turns or on the edge of a weedline. There looks like there is a point on the top of the map, right where the East and West halves meet up, that would be worth trying. Punch a few hole in different depths along the breaks and look for fish and noticeable changes in bottom structure. These transitions generally hold fish. Good luck to ya!

Thanks for all the info so far, yes it is a very clear water lake, with a large weed bed on the west end.