• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jigging spoons in summer?

JeffB

One of my favorite ice fishing presentations is a jigging spoon with a shiner head, but I have never used this in the summer. I usually use jigs or lindys in summer. I talked to someone who used the swedish pimple for eyes a lot in the summer and they said they love using them in the boat. Any one else use these in the summer much. I also saw article in In-fisherman on this.

Yep I will use spoons like the buck shot in the summer months for walleye fising. I have done well vertical jiging over the side of the boat. Works well on heavily preasured fish or when they wont take a jig and minn .

We I am running low on minnows somedays I will use a jigging spoon alot. I like them cause the fish tend to hammer then rather then the normal "nibble". I will also tie one on a customers line that has trouble with feeling fish cause the hits can be easier to feel for some people. Works similiar with jiggin raps too.

When fishing with 3 people in the boat (wife and kid) I use my ice fishing pole with a kastmaster and a tale hooked minnow and put it in a rod holder about a foot off of bottom and the waves work the jig. Caught many a walleye that way. That way I can fish two rods(this one is out of the way ) and still help out the other two.

It's legal if his daughter and wife dont have a line down but have a fishing license.

People have been using jigging spoons for deep water bass for a long time down south where there is no hard water.

I for one have rarely used a jigging spoon, for bass, in the summer months. There is too many good lures that outfish it.

I honostly never gave the spoons a shot, something on my to do list for this summer now. The slow bite during early summer might be a prime time for the vertically jigged buckshot jig. More ideas to try courtesy of FM!

The little genz worms and flirty girtys slam the crappies and sunnies in the spring and summer for me. I always have a handfull of the little stuff just for that. Cant wait for the spring bite this year. Got the canoe ready for action now.