Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SimilarIsland

Electrical Wiring Question

11 posts in this topic

I have a 2009 Lund Outfitter 1750 Single Console. I would like to add two cigarette lighter plug-ins for hand held radio, cell phone, light, etc. There is a fuse block on the console with what looks like extra circuits. Can I hook up the plug-ins to a couple of these? Should there be a common ground that I can hook up the negative?

Thanks for your help.

That should work just fine. I would imagine there is a common ground on the fuse block--mine has one.

Should work fine on a fuse block. I'd be worried about overloads on a buss bar, especially with something like a spotlight, but on it's own fused circuit it should work great.

Yep, as long as it has its own fuse you will be fine. Be sure to use the recomended wire guage and fuse.

SimilarIs, I'm pretty sure 10amps is the standard fuse rating for a cigarette lighter. ...you've got me thinking that I need to add a couple to my console.

I think the ones in my truck take a 15A. I added a few to the boat last year but can't remember what I used.

I added one to my old boat so I could plug in my cell phone. I ended up using a splitter so I could plug in my H2OC too.

On my new boat, I have one of those "Beam" lights with aligator clips that I've used off the trolling motor batteries in front and now I have an underwater camera. I'm going to put one that I can access in front of the console and one in back.

There should be 2 "Acc" spots on your fuse block - look for two orange wires coming out of the back of the fuse block with a empty side on the butt to butt connector - put a fuse in the empty spots and wire your accessory plug in to it and you're ready to go.

There is a ground block under the console - take a look - it's a has a black plastic base with a bunch of male spade ends on it.

marine_man